Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart, Carson Beck react to 52-17 blowout win over Ole Miss, clinching SEC East Division

SystemSystem Posts: 10,694 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart, Carson Beck react to 52-17 blowout win over Ole Miss, clinching SEC East Division

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart completed the SEC circuit on Saturday night with a 52-17 win over Ole Miss.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Asked what it meant for UGA to clinch a trip to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta, Smart responded, “It means we’ve got to play Tennessee next week.”

This is why I think KS is the best coach in the NCAA. He doesn't take anyone for granted and knows that on any given Saturday any SEC team is capable of pulling an upset. But I can guarantee you he won't take Tech for granted either.

The only thing about this game that didn't make me smile was the fact that Brock Bowers has probably played his last game at Sanford Stadium.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CHDawg54

I get you on Carson Beck, but if the Falcons grab him in the draft - they appear to have finally acknowledged that Desmond Ridder's college game doesn't transfer to the NFL - that will be a lemons into lemonade type of deal don't you think?

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to say I was worried about Bowers coming back on such short notice-game-time decision doesn't sound encouraging- and was hoping for them to hold him until at least next week. But, he didn't get hurt, so its all good-hope McConkey is ok-but our defense needs to figure things out - we can't keep waiting a quarter or two to get things going. I know its tough but blown assignments are fixable-we've got talent. Tennessee will be jacked to beat us and Tech has looked a lot better, so I'm with Smart-next week is the main thing.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kudos to Coach Bobo. He called one helluva game. He's got to do it 5 more times.