Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Javon Bullard, Georgia football defense continue to show they’re elite at making corrections

SystemSystem Posts: 10,700 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageJavon Bullard, Georgia football defense continue to show they’re elite at making corrections

ATHENS — You might be able to get one play or one drive over on the Georgia defense. This group has given up a touchdown to start four consecutive SEC games after all.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will hate to see JB go. One of the best Dawgs of all time.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know, I hate seeing our slow starts and getting schooled a bit on defense at the start. But, I also understand that coaches and players come in with one game plan, and ultimately that plan may or may not work. As long as coaches and players can quickly adapt, change, and make adjustments in-game then you can take back control. Kirby, Schumann, and the staff are the best at getting those adjustments figured out and implemented.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Honestly, the best I've seen in my lifetime. I credit multiple Alabama titles as being because of the Kirby/Saban duo. Kirby is basically responsible for 9 defenses that made it to the championship game and 6 that won it in the last 18 years.

What other coach other than Saban can say that? No one.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bullard played well, but he made another mistake on that 4th down play. Took the fake by Judkins while there’s already 2-3 defenders there to defend that gap and left the edge open for a 20-yard gain. Luckily, the play was called back on an illegal snap call, and Ole Miss decided to punt.

• Options
    DefinsDefins Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think they are playing with fire on first drive scores. They are counting on the offense bailing them out.