Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Power Rankings: 4 Tier One teams would factor into 12-team playoff

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Power Rankings: 4 Tier One teams would factor into 12-team playoff

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Georgia is back on top of the CFP Rankings, and the SEC is once again in the middle of the college football actin.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Ok, article is fine overall, but I've got a couple of grievances.

1. Why is Milroe in the headline photo? They're not the top team in this ranking, or any other. Surely you could have at least found a photo from Georgia's last game against them to use?

2. We've only got this one last year to enjoy before the sport is watered down in the next big step toward NFL Lite with the playoff expansion. Is it too much to ask that we just be allowed to enjoy it before it's gone forever?

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Brian Kelly becoming Les Miles II?

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get your point but on the bright side, Ohio state will likely have to play 2-3 tough games at the end of the year instead of skating into the playoff with one fluke away from making the championship. I already look at all Urban Meyer championships with a huge asterisk next to them, but think about the first playoff. Bama choked big time somehow, but the winner of that game was always going to go on and beat and awful FSU or Oregon team.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Except for Tulane, my card's the same for Sweet 16.

Ultimately, though, I think it'll be UGA, Michigan, FSU and Oregon, with Georgia having by far the toughest road: Against Alabama in the SEC, and Oregon (the best non-SEC team) in the semi.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. What is so strange about this site is the same thing I experience albeit at my large mega church. A fascination with pleasing the Alabama, Florida, Florida State and Tennessee fans even though we live in Georgia and this is a Georgia Football site.

It is a great mystery how the Georgia site gets used to push narratives of other teams in the middle of one of the most dominant runs in the history of college football. I'm sure Ohio State or Alabama posts pictures of Georgia players on their site, right?!