Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Oscar Delp explains what makes Carson Beck ‘the best quarterback in the country’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,570 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageOscar Delp explains what makes Carson Beck ‘the best quarterback in the country’

ATHENS — In each of Carson Beck’s first 11 starts, he’s thrown for at least 250 yards. His completion percentage has been between 66 percent and 80 percent of passes. And Georgia has won all of those starts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN bunch of hypocrites for sure. Badmouth Stetson Bennett for his age as a Heisman finalist and this year promoting guys as old or older for the award over Carson Beck?

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Carson deserves every bit of praise he is receiving! Remember all the questions raised at the first of the season? He has improved continuously through the season. A very good team centered player, patient and devoted. If he is considered for the Heisman, it's only icing on the cake...he's established his place in Dawg history already. UGA spreads the duties such that that team is more important than self!

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I stopped watching ESPN years ago because of their being Big Ten shills.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing against those other guys but Beck is a great qb and throws a pretty ball. I would take Beck over Penix or Nix any day and every day of the week.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@edubb

Are you saying ESPN is promoting guys as old as SB was? If not then why bring SB up? All the guys I could find as hopefuls are 21 and 22. DId I miss someone? SB was 25. CB is 21. Not that I care for ESPN just trying to follow you beef. Are they hypocrites because some are 1 year older than CB?