Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defensive backs coach Fran Brown reportedly ‘top candidate’ for Syracuse head coaching job

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defensive backs coach Fran Brown reportedly ‘top candidate’ for Syracuse head coaching job

The coaching carousel is up and spinning and it may help land a Georgia assistant a Power 5 coaching job.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2023

Losing assistants is the cost you pay for being successful. That's how we got Kirby Smart.

But Syracuse? My brother-in-law graduated from Syracuse and he follows Penn State where his father graduated from.

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Is Syracuse head coaching job better than an assistant coach at GA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to lose Fran is all I have to say, especially to hapless Syracuse.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a stepping stone.....If Fran and family don't mind the cold, and snow and Fran believes he can build a winner in the now weakest power 5 conference, and you can live with that hideous orange... I'd say 3-5 years and he'll be back in the SEC or Big 10/Rutgers/Maryland...who knows? Fran is a great coach and has received experience in how to build a winning culture.....If he chooses to leave, he will be sorely missed but he knows it will be an opportunity for someone else. Fran, only you and your family know what to do, I'm sure you'd do a better job than Dino! In our eyes you'll always be a DGD!........Just make sure they pay you more than the 4 mil Babers got!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Obviously more money and security. Once you've been a head coach , you're always wanted in some capacity even if the head coach gig doesn't work out.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this becomes reality, I wish Coach Brown nothing but the best in his 1st Head Coaching job at Syracuse. I sure don't won't to see him leave Athens. But you can't turn down an opportunity to better yourself, and your family..GoDAWGS!