Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Marvin Jones Jr. transfer marks a clear shift at Georgia outside linebacker position

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I think you're on-the-money. Ding...ding...ding. Lol

I think the Leaders eligible to move-on...will all, announce at pretty much the same time. I think they're collecting Draft information, NIL Offers, weighing their options and trying to work out which leaders are going to stay......to defend their legacy and provide the "Starter Dough" for Kirby's next loaf of bread.

My guess is...Kirby already knows what he's getting...to replace the outgoing players.

There are two Texas A&M guys, he was chasing in 2021, available, after they entered the TP last week. The former 2021 #1 Overall [Nolan] is one of em. I think he's gonna get both. They were part of the same recruiting class Bear Alexander was in. And, he's supposed to be better. Actually, I think both guys are.

Juice Wells out of Carolina is another Hot Prospect. Kirby won't being any of em in, if they don't mesh with the team's culture. That's probably the #1 disqualifier, besides academics and eligibility remaining.

UGA's gettin' theirs. You can bet THAT. I think Kirby has been feeding his surplus talent [recruits] to Dan Lanning, Nick Saban and GT. Lol...now he's gonna front Syracuse a few players, to get them started. Ya gotta love Kirby. Lol

Kirby is probably the best roster manager, I've ever seen. Second to none. So...in all things regarding this portal business...I defer to Kirby and his staff. I have no doubt they are on top of it. I just wish they could share the vision without giving away strategy to the competition.

All we can do...is watch, guess and be thankful for the fine young men God sends Athens' way. Wish Kirby could take em all...but, that's just not possible.

The way i see it...Kirby picks the Apples from the top of the tree. And, makes a pretty fine Apple Cider out of some of the better ones, laying on the ground. The ones others walk over to get to the low hanging fruit. Lol...he makes the best Apple Pie in the Country.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Your spot on. The guys that Really want to be Elite, AND are willing to put in the necessary Work to Earn it will come play for Kirby. They can See just like we do how many guys go to the NFL.

And like I said to people Outside looking in it might seem cliche to say things like Getting Better NEVER Ends. But at UGA it’s not only Expected it’s Demanded.

Like on Offense if your not willing to learn how to block effectively, no matter how talented you are other wise, on a Kirby Smart team you ain’t gonna get many Real Game snaps if Any !! And that’s Good. Though sometimes the player might not realize it.

By doing that Kirby is building his team better, And helping that individual player to up his stock for the NFL, IF that player is willing to listen and DO the work.

But no matter how hard they try to evaluate these Kids, there’s gonna be Some that think ( Wrong !!) there’s a short cut to the NFL. Oh they might make it. But they won’t draft as high And like I said when they face a former long time Dawg one on one in the NFL they’ll Lose !!

Those tools that Kirby and staff Try to teach these Kids are exactly what Most NFL teams are looking for, as Kirby operates on a format and quality level very, very similar to the NFL.

But I’m preaching to the Choir. You know this stuff better than I do !! We’re just singing the same song !! The bottom line is when Kirby and staff have got the guys they want in place, and get them sanded and smoothed for the 2024 season, what you will have is Another very, very high quality and tough Dawgs team. Like you said and I agree, mark it down !! Go Dawgs !! 😀

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh and I meant to add ( As Yall already know just sayin) when your building a high quality Program and looking at long term continuity, Not just one season. You ARE gonna lose a few for various reasons that you really would’ve preferred Not to lose. Both recruits and guys to Early NFL or the TP. It’s just part of it.

Some will make the Program better Because they left. We’ll see guys Go that could’ve stayed, that we hate to see leave. BUT we’re gonna Gain guys that over time we’ll be plum tickled we got at UGA.

This I am Extremely Confident of, VERY Much So, Kirby and UGA are Not in a decline. Especially long term. Kirby and our beloved Dawgs are not gonna win every single game they play every single season. That’s not realistic no matter how much we’d all love it. That’s a Shangri-La dream of football.

But for the next Many years to come, with KS at the helm, Dawgs will be At or Very near the top of the stack and will be very much in the Championship conversations !! You can use that as collateral on your Dawgs fan gear purchase loans !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg

Yeah...I think all of us pretty much, "know what time it is" in Athens...as the kids would say....I think...Lol.

The Fans that like to keep up with the "recruiting game" are left out in the cold...with this TP Business.

Next year's "SEC Team Rosters" are as clear as the mud in a South Georgia swamp. Nobody will know anything, for sure, until after the Spring Practice....or, the second portal window...or, the day of the Clemson Game, in the ATL. Lol