Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia ‘would be favored over everyone’ in CFP, per renowned oddsmaker

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i know it's clishe to say that the game never comes down to just one play. However, The no call on the supposed completion which would have swung the momentum our way with the ball in excellent field position turned out instead to a score for BAMA. WHile you can't say we would have won the game if the refs get that call right, all you have to do is look at the final score.

It's not the same as Ohio St. crying about Bullard's legal hit saying it was the wrong call by the refs. No, they got that one right!

• Options

I'd like to know who the ref was that was in the replay booth that said, LEts don't bother to stop the play here as BAMA rushed to the line. THey should be fired.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 4

Anyone that saw UGA's last 2 games against AL and GT AND saw MI's and WA's last 2 games cannot, with a straight face, possibly favor UGA over those 2 teams.

UGA's D (especially minus JDJ) and UGA's OL (O) (especially minus AMims (and probably BB)) were not up to the standard of the '21 and '22 teams.

BTW have not heard a peep out of any staffer on Dawgnation about the Joe Moore Award since before the GT game. Rightfully so. FYI Washington's OL won the '23 Joe Moore Award.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That non-call was the worse atrocity, which the refs politely rubbed salt in the wound by calling reviews for Two of Dawgs catches. But there was also the phantom horse collar call that wasn’t, and the No call for face mask on Milton. There may have been others, but those were Three obvious officiating factors in favor of Bama.

I don’t know what we as a fan base can do, but I sure Hope some person or persons in charge will say Hey you know this happens far to much for Bama. And DO something about it.

Nick Saban is a master at manipulating Refs in game, and whining and belly aching so much in public that he manipulates his way into contending for Championships as he did this in the past before the playoffs came into existence.

I don’t care if he’s the GOAT, he should be held to the same standards as everyone else. And the officiating thing is NOT just when it’s vs our Dawgs, but Any opponent that might jeopardize tricky Nick’s standing. The Refs tried to help Bama in vs Michigan ( not that I have even a pinch of love for MI as I don’t ) mainly with No Calls.

It can’t be coincidence !! Not SO MANY times. It goes far past coincidence. But Bama was exposed vs MI even with help from the Refs they couldn’t pull it off. I Still say that had our Dawgs been just a little healthier we could have beat Bama and the Refs !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Using the transitive property when convenient. The most un Georgia of 'Georgia' posters on this site. Seriously do you hate the Dawgs or did someone at Georgia (a professor of biology) sleep with your wife? Why the incessant negative Georgia posts. Please it's a new year go sign up for some other teams site and play fake fan.

• Options

Our defense was suspect all year. How many times did the opposition go down and score on the opening drive? Several! Very unlike a UGA defense of recent years. NOw to their credit they bent but didn't brake. I don't even think they "broke" against BAMA, even though BAMA was by far the best team we faced all year. I said leading up to the game that BAMA would score in the high twenties and we needed to score 30+ and we win. Well the defense did their part, even though the offense gave BAMA a 1st and goal handed to them. It was the offense that failed to score 30 points. THere was basically nothing there outside of the very first drive until desperation set in late in the second half and we opened it up more via the pass.

It was the O-line that couldn't open up running lanes and didn't give CB much time to throw it. I do think our passing attack would have performed better against MIchigan than Milroe did. His game is run around and throw it deep, but he proved that if pressured and he had to throw quick pin point passes in tight windows he can't do it. THat's where Beck would have been better against Michigan IMHO.

BAMA ran pretty well against Michigan. Better than they did against us. I think Brandon Adams got it right that how Michigan went after Milroe is how we should have. We were just so scared he would beat us with his legs, we played contain too much..

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia was the best team this year even with the injuries. We had a bad game where multiple things all went wrong and still only lost by 3 points. Stuff happens. We own it. Kirby never makes excuses.

We should of gotten a mulligan based off of not losing for 3 years but no... the media and country really wanted a change so we got hosed. Sure Booger, an ACC guy was leading the committee and told the whole country the week before how impressive we were and that we had separated ourselves from everyone in the country including 2-8 but that was all forgotten very quickly.

So now we get to watch 2 teams we know we would demolish (especially with a healthy BB19 and LM84). It sucks but is a good lesson in life for those that expect fairness. Life is never fair. That is why you gotta grind baby grind.

Go Dawgs! 3 for 4 in 24.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a feeling...there was a group standing behind the replay refs with a checkbook and a gun....on that particular play. Lol

• Options
    edited January 4

Oooooo....look who crawled out of the woodwork to point out selective observations...in support of a lie. Good job. I was wondering how you would spin it. Lol...but wrong. Again!

Millions of CFB Fans from across the Country see it one way...[Dawgs are obviously one of the best 4 teams and should not have been left out]....And, more than a little likely....THE best team in the Country, with a full magazine.

Yet, they played throughout the season covering for 5 or 6 injured or lame "playmakers", without dropping a game.

Everybody, but, the CFPC [theoretically] saw what was happening...and knew UGA would be playoff healthy and playoff ready, by the time the 1st CFP Game was played.

The Committee applied the "injury criteria" to FSU in dropping em out of the CFP. Yet mysteriously failed to apply that same criteria to UGA...while dropping them 5 spots, on a 3 point post-season loss.

Fair is fair and right is right. "Best" [?]...."Most Deserving" [?]...doesn't matter which way you go...the Dawgs are "both" and it's not a playoff if UGA ain't in it. That's all I'm sayin'.

I heard that same sentimfrom fans of many different teams and Conferences over the last few weeks [while on a long road-trip. It's a consensus that UGA and FSU should both be in it...Michigan should be disqualified for cheating...and Bama and Texas were faattracked to the CFP based solely on the SECCG.

That's just "Wrong". People aren't as "s.t.u.p.i.d" as ESPN, CNN and the CFP seem to think they are. They just aren't sure of what to do about it....but, at least they're "thinking" now. "Trust" between....the [Committee's and Representatives and Referees] and the people has been completely severed.

But...you go ahead and try to "sell" that take on UM, Bama, Texas and Washington are better teams than UGA....see how many "sales" you get...outside of Alabama, Texas, Michigan and Washington.

Of those 4 teams....Washington is the only one, that truly "belongs". And, they would've been mudstomped by UGA. Lol

• Options
    edited January 4

Just the truth. UGA was not all that this year. SC game, AU game, GT game, AL game. I could go on. NOT up to the standard plain and simple. The simple eye test. UGA didn't pass it all season on defense.

Did you watch MI and WA play last week? Controlled their opponents like UGA hasn't this season. AL and TX BTW.

You are learning. I see you are not promoting every incoming freshman as the next BB, JCarter etc etc in yr 1. You are awfully quiet on your defense prediction on " '23 D being better than '22 D".

• Options
    edited January 4

Coming from the CFB "expert" who said Alabama loses "4 or 5" games this season.

"With a full magazine" is a different story and not the story we've got. You sound like all the Alabama fans that complained about Jameson Williams and Metchie injuries.

What are you going to say about "Millions (equally uninformed ) of CFB Fans from across the Country see it one way." When UGA comes in at #5 in the final rankings?

• Options
    edited January 4

@E_Roc "Always quick with the negative take." Did you not think this season ended negatively? I sure did. No one and I mean no one was more pi ssed off about how this season ended than I am. But to say this UGA team was the best in the country is a huge reach.

Bill Parcels once said you are what your record says you are. UGA lost to AL. I could say more but I'll take the high road.

• Options
    edited January 4

So...you're saying that Kirby and other HC's should go balls-to-the-wall...on "every play"..."in every game"....to prove how dominant they are?.

Development of younger players be darned? That's not how Kirby or Nick built and maintained their programs over the last 15 years. There will be games where the Dawgs appear to be struggling...but, actually Kirby is working on a power game, or trying a new blocking scheme or playing multiple younger guys........

To get them in a position where there's not a lot of difference between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams. That's the goal....that's the standard.

IMO....If Smart had not done it, his way....Bama would've destroyed em in the SECCG.

• Options
    edited January 4

@UGADad20

You are correct, in one respect, however....

If Kirby had played the "best players"...in every game...on every play...UGA would've destroyed every team it played [save one or two]....and trotted into the CFP, despite s 3 point loss in the SECCG.

The CFP based their final four on hype * style points. Plain and simple. That doesn,'t mean a few of em weren't corrupt or biased. They were.

And, oh by the way....i,'m not happy with UGA,'s loss in the SECCG, either. But, all things considered...they played a helluva game. Showed their grit and toughness, like I haven't seen in quite some time.

Despite the way things ended....I'm extremely happy with where Kirby has this program. They'll be back...and, this won't be their last attempt at a three-peat. Mark my words.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's keep this simple-Georgia would beat each team this fabulous committee placed above them. The players bailing on the FSU team we beat by the worse margin in CFP history is not Georgia's fault. We lined up and showed the committee how corrupt their decision was, with most of the country agreeing. They just released the 2024 odds to win the championship-Guess who is #1?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it’s very important in terms of recalling, that our Starters only played the first half. Even in that first half they had Already decimated FSU.

Yes it’s true the Noles were playing minus Allot of players ( sort of like the Dawgs in the SECCG, vs a Bama team missing only ONE Key player) but still FSU is a power 5 team. And they were even talking about upsetting the Dawgs. I think all that did was make an already peed off Dawgs even more so. But as we know in the second half we played Everybody, didn’t I see the towel boy out there in pads ?? 😂 And Still Continued to score.

Now none of us can say Absolutely that Bowers would be available for the Playoffs and the Ntl. Title but one would think that if the Dawgs won their playoff game and I sure think they would have, he’d have been Much closer to playing by Jan 8. One would think Ladd would Surely be ready. But it’s all conjecture, we’ll never know.

I think speaking for Me and I honestly believe thousands and thousands of Dawgs fans is HOW did the Playoff Committee Justify dropping UGA out after they had been #1 nearly All year after only a 3 point loss to Bama ?? And Bama’s loss came in regular season, and Yes that matters or Should.

Plus and I sound like a broken record here please forgive me, the Dawgs margin of victory In Particular Common Opponents was Significantly better than Bama. The Committee went out of their way prior to rankings of playoff teams to state “ NOT deserving but BEST teams “ well UGA fit that Best category. The slow starts in the first Qtr. don’t mean squat, look at the Final Score in those games.

The Only teams that was troublesome in reality to the Dawgs was Auburn, Beck’s very first road game, but Dawgs won that, Bama Lost to TX in their own stadium. And Mizzou was very tough ( and I think their gonna be in 2024 to, but I don’t think we play them ? Can’t remember) but again Dawgs won.

The Easy Schedule melted away starting with KY. Most of those “Easy” games turned out to be Ranked teams When the Dawgs played them. I could keep on with this yammering and it ain’t gonna change anything.

But Most Dawgs and seems quite allot of people outside the Dawgs fan base agree UGA should have been in that top four. It was the First time that the previously right before the championships, #1 team had been given the boot. We need to let that last Sink In Deep.

Now for a moment Pretend it had been the other way around and swap places with Bama. Does Anyone on planet earth Really think They’d have given a previously #1 Bama and Nick Saban the boot ?? NO WAY !!! I would see pigs on the wing flying by my house Before they’d do that !!!

And Even as it ended up, Once Again he whined and bellyached, and was out Lobbying Publicly for that to happen before the Dawgs even played them !! So do I think there Could be corruption in CFB ?? You Dawg Gone Right I Do !!! Coincidence Can’t Stretch So Much and As Many Times as it has for Nick Saban. It defies the laws of probabilities.

SO from here on out Kirby will have to have our Dawgs prepared to beat the opponent AND the Refs, in Particular when playing Saban and Bama. They will Have to be prepared to beat not only a very good team but Over Come bogus calls from the Refs as well. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

The UGA -BAMA game and the BAMA- Michigan game were very similar in several aspects.

BAMA 27-UGA 24

BAMA 20- Michigan 20 end of regulation.

1st downs Micigan 15- Bama 16; UGA 19- BAMA 20

Our yardage against BAMA was 321; MIchigan had 326 in regulation.

BAMA had 267 against Michigan and 306 against UGA.

BAMA rushed for 151 against Michgan(regulation) and 114 against UGA.

MIchigan rushed for 105 against BAMA- UGA rushed for 78.

UGA passed for 243 against BAMA- Michigan passed for 221.

BAMA passed for only 104 against Michigan-BAMA passed for 192 against UGA. We made Milroe look like a passing QB.

We could go on and on ad nauseum about the missed calls and the unforced errors 1. near the goal line and 2. on the FG -false start penalty. If we don't fumble the ball on the exchange, and make the 45 yard FG, I like our chances. If the bad no-calls get called, we win handsdown.

Very evenly matched teams.

Mims healthy, BB and LM fully healthy. We'd have as good a chance as any of those teams. Washington would be a little scary because their QB can flat out zing it! However, Washington's defense though is # 94 in the country! Might resemble the Ohio St game.

We'll see if defense wins NC's or a great offense with little defense.

• Options

You do understand the limitations put on a team, with so many young and inexperienced players covering for veterans in the SECCG...right?

That was directly and indirectly responsible for some of the miscues and blown coverages...not to mention an abreviated playbook.

I'm just sayin'.. You can't judge em by what you saw in the SECCG. You're sounding like some of those morons on the CFPC, now. Lol...and, I know better...you're no fool.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sheridan is all over the obvious. The committee is made up of folks who don’t come close to the expertise Sheridan has. Plus, there’s an overly simplistic system being used. Anyone really paying attention knows the SEC is considerably tougher than the ACC. Although as a resident of NC, I am subjected to sports writers who actually believe the ACC is better. Of course, they’re delusional but sincere in their beliefs.

The ridiculous notion that because Texas beat Bama when Bama was trying to figure out their QB situation means they must be ranked ahead of Bama shows the serious imperfection in the criteria used by the committee. Texas lost to Oklahoma! Anyone paying attention and not letting simplistic criteria get in the way knows UGA is one of the best 4 teams. In fact, if one really analyzed everything, one would know UGA is the best team in the country. Sheridan says it well.