Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart keeps Georgia drama short-lived in complex world of recruiting commits

13»

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

Please elaborate on all that I have been wrong about. This should be interesting. BTW read my "objective" take under the how Saban's retirement effects the UGA programs. Not "my boy ", never was. I do respect him and even like him for how he operates. His team can handle hard coaching. Something some people on DN apparently can't handle.

Let's look at some of the "brilliant" things you have professed here. Marcus Washington leaving HS early was a good thing because he "could be LaBron James or Kobe Bryant". Which everyone knew he wasn't and it made no sense because LaBron and Kobe stayed in HS 4 years! And they weren't even football players! LOL

Oh what about the "AL will lose 4 or 5 games " in '23? LOL OBJECTIVELY, AL had the highest ratio of 4* and 5* players in CFB in '23. AND CNS. The probability of that happening was zero.

"SBIV will win the Heisman". Good thought because it was a great story. But, as good as SBIV became, it was never going to happen. All the factors I mentioned at the time, logically and objectively, forecast his 4th place finish. SBIV finished 1682 points out of 1st place.

Which leads me to your prediction that SBIV "would be selected in the 1st rd" of the NFL draft.

We have had this discussion before about logic and probability. But I don't think they covered that at your school with your "6th grade edumacation", Jethro.

You and other's here may not like that everyone is not blindly parroting the company line but every time you open your mouth you look dumber. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking you don't. It is readily apparent.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, I hate to use the block button, but sometimes it is a good option.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg

Dude when I wrote "you people" I was responding to a @reddawg1 post and referring to the people that were critical of Maiava. (Not @reddawg1! so @reddawg1 don't go off on me!) But somehow you took offense. I never said YOU piled on anyone. Again sounds like a you reading comprehension issue not a me reading comprehension issue. 

I did not disagree w/anything you said about GS. I think he is a good player with great potential. As I have said repeatedly to you. 

BUT CKS mentioned he wanted another scholarship QB. There are many obvious reasons why CKS would want that 4th QB. Some of which I pointed out. More than once. 

It was clear to me you just wanted to debate the resident "villain" ( I am starting to like that) and wanted to keep "poking the bear". I explained my points multiple times even though they were clearly stated and made obvious. 

But you kept taking offense to things like "you people" which didn't even refer to you. So you built this argument up in your own mind where no disagreement even existed. 

YOU got a little unhinged. Not me. But if you keep poking the bear you may not like my responses. 

BTW "influencing CKS" was so unbelievably over the top ridiculous it is hard to have a legitimate response to that. Hence my 1st thought (jokingly) is "This Dude missed some medication he is out of his head". 

The sad truth is UGA is not the best in '23. MI won the CFBNC. In retrospect, had everyone been healthy I like UGA's chances against anybody in '23. But there were no guarantees and it didn't happen. UGA really blew its chance in the SECCG. W/a win there would have been extra time to get healthier. I am even more unhappy about the SECCG loss now. 1) may have prevented a legitimate 3 peat based on what i saw in the playoffs and 2) it was the last chance to beat Saban in an SECCG. Still glad to see him gone but wanted another crack at him.

YOU SAID I talked down to you. All I did was repeat the things I had said that you seemed like you weren't hearing or didn't understand. Yet took exception to. I couldn't say the same things any differently. But think about it, review what I said, I never criticized your football statements only your attacks on me. 

Nothing wrong w/supporting the team Go DAWGS! There I can do it too. Just makes for boring and superficial commentary IF it is a 100% diet of that. I suspect there are a lot of interesting and valued insights that fellow fans can offer if, maybe, they weren't afraid of the DN "bullies" that criticize any opinion that they don't agree with. 

Did I criticize your opinion of GS? Did I ever criticize any of your football opinions? Or anyone's (other than the clown that always comes off looking bad for poking the bear)? 

Not looking to be admired here (narcissist) just expecting the same respect here as anyone else. If someone disagrees with me I am likely to debate it. And generally do it respectfully until the respect ceases to be bilateral. If anyone wants to hold me to a higher standard because they don't think I am a UGA fan I guess I'll have to live with that.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fake Dawg Dad you have to give respect to get it back. Take notes dude...