Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia snubbed in bracketology, looks to shock world at Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,540 admin
edited January 19 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia snubbed in bracketology, looks to shock world at Kentucky

ATHENS — Georgia basketball is knocking on the door of NCAA tournament consideration, but the Bulldogs might have to break it down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course....the Dawgs WILL make the Tournament in '24. 20+ wins...and they're in. Simple as that. Barring multiple injuries and a complete collapse....they'll easily win 20. IMO

At the end of the season....this may be the Bulldogs best basketball team, ever. Including "the Dom Wilkins years". They're playing team basketball....and, like wine....that b-ball style, only gets better with age.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 19

Dominique brought excitement to Stegman, I was ther

e when he did the 360 slam during a game, absolutely amazing. I still remember it today like it just happened. Dom couldn't quite get em over the hump though. They did make their only Final 4 appearance in school history..the year after Dominique left. I can only remember Vern Fleming, James Banks, and Horace McMillan off of that 1983 team. I also remember they beat a North Carolina team led by Michael Jordan during that 1983 tournament. But ended up losing to eventual national champion North Carolina State, coached by Jim Valvano..GoDAWGS!

• Options

I remember all that, too. It was shortly after UGA won the Natty and the Miracle on Ice at the Olympics. Atlanta was sporting the likes of Steve Bartkowski and William Andrews along with a helluva defense.

I was young, then....and, thought that's how things would always be for the Dawgs, Falcons and Hawks. Lol...how naive, I was.

We walked in the desert for 40 years, looking for hope, only to be disappointed time and again. The last time UGA had a winning B-Ball Program....they were flagged for cheating [fraud classes] and had to withdraw from NCAA participation.

I believe that was during the reign of that AD [Damon???] that took over after Dooley was fired. It took a while to recover from those years....as with the Goff years. UGA has made some missteps in Administrative hiring...that almost destroyed the program.

Or, DID destroy the program....and, they're just now rebuilding from where it was in the early '80's.

We finally found hope, in Kirby Smart. IMO....The worm has finally turned, in Georgia. Lol....we remember what it feels like, to be winners again.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@1SICemDAWGS1

Thanks much for presenting that roster of the '83 b'ball team. Though I am typically glued to CFB, the intoxicating pull of the postseason performance of the DAWGS in the Big Dance that year gave me everlasting joy. The way that team came together after losing the best player we ever had the previous year was beyond exhilarating. Their ability to defend the passing lanes guaranteed about 12 points a game with layups on the other end. Our loss to NC State was tough, but the never to be forgotten stunning upset by State over Phi Slamma Jamma in the final somehow provided solace that we were indeed DGDs. Should Coach White be able to return us to some semblance of that glory year, I would be able to forgive him for ever being a Gator!

• Options

Mike White has a problem. UGA can't shoot consistently....or defend...from beyond the arc. The Dawgs better learn to use a full court press in the 2nd half of games like the one against Tennessee....and, tonight, against Kentucky.

If you can't shoot the 3 pointer....you better darned well, be able to defend against it. THAT, appears to be this team's Achilles Heel. That....and, "confidence".

• Options

If the Dawgs were "shooting for s.h.i.t" tonight....they wouldn't get a smell. And, Kentucky can't seem to miss. Smh

UGA's got a ways to go....but, they've got the personnel to do it. Question is....will Mike White get em there. Is he capable of making the "right adjustments....or, is he prideful & stubborn?. Lol...guess we'll find out, soon.