Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: SEC offseason talk dominated by Georgia, new Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 16 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: SEC offseason talk dominated by Georgia, new Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer

The college football talk never stops, so it wasn’t so surprising to hear chatter on the SEC Network on Friday about the goings on at Alabama and Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike you are just as iresponsible and silly here as you were on PF yesterday.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

You had the Baumettes stirred up yesterday. 😂😂

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban "returning to the sideline" doesn't seem plausible. Saban is not getting any younger and the "rules" of the TP and NIL are getting worse not better. Saban is not coming back.

AL has been THE roadblock for UGA in the CKS era. In Kirby's 7 years as HC AL has beaten UGA 5 times. This includes 3 SECCG's and a NCG. Does that rivalry with and motivation to beat AL just go away now that Saban has retired? I hope not. AL is a team that has a big advantage, historically, in W-L record over UGA.

Is AL a Top 5 program w/o Saban? Probably not but still TBD. Still a lot of talent in Tuscaloosa plus 1 very dangerous QB. The answer to the AL Top 5 question will be determined by the next few recruiting classes under DeBoer. I wouldn't write off AL just yet. Or anoint TX (or UGA) just yet. TX, AL and UGA all lost a lot from last yr's teams. The champion will be determined on the field.

It will be interesting to see what a new coaching staff does with the abundant AL talent. W/Saban focusing on recruiting and frequent turnover of coordinators and coaches, AL has underachieved since the last AL NC in '20.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always enjoy Mike Griffith's segments on the Finebaum show.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GBAL I am interested -- where's the lie? It's all true, and speculation is warranted.