Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN NFL draft analyst on Ladd McConkey: ‘I don’t know why he’s not getting first-round love’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 20 in Article commenting
imageESPN NFL draft analyst on Ladd McConkey: ‘I don’t know why he’s not getting first-round love’

ATHENS — For all the talent that Kirby Smart has produced during his time in Athens, the Bulldogs have not had a wide receiver taken in the first round. AJ Green was the last Georgia wide receiver to go in the first round, back in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    randomsportsfanrandomsportsfan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

The problem with projecting McConkey is that so few of the top 20 WRs - including almost none of the top 10 - went to the all star games. Also even some that were beaten out by McConkey at the Senior Bowl can surpass him with a strong combine. Example: FSU's Johnny Wilson. He had a pedestrian Senior Bowl, sure, but at 6'6" 237 lbs all he needs is a strong workout to get back into the top 50 prospects.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 20

McConkey's problem is 1) he is small. 2) he has been injury prone. Back injuries can end football careers. 3) there are only 32 1st rd picks. Teams can get good WR's in the entire 7 rd draft. Is LMcC one of the top 32 players in the country? Only 32 1st rd picks.

IF he gets a clean bill of health AND he performs well at the combine I could see the 2nd half of the 2nd rd.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's all about who can take a hit and never quit.....add route running that can't be covered and a smart GM/HC/OC will realize McConkey is a better receiver than Ole Marv or Nabers......I assure you that Coach Monken/Ravens have noticed.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Like Brock Bowers, Ladd is simply a very good football player. I want him on my team. Living in NC makes me hope he doesn’t get drafted by the Panthers. They are neck and neck with the Falcons as an organization. The owner is clueless. Who knows about the new coaching staff? It’s a crap shoot at best.