Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Julian Lewis: Why Georgia football has made the 5-star USC commitment a recruiting priority

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 21 in Article commenting
imageJulian Lewis: Why Georgia football has made the 5-star USC commitment a recruiting priority

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has a different read on 5-star QB target Julian Lewis. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 QB and No. 8 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 2 QB and the No. 9 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't take it the wrong way Jeff but I'm not getting vested into recruiting until they fix the portal and NIL. Who cares where a kid commits or signs? Only thing that matters is where do they play. If this kid signs, he'll be in the portal every year pumping up his NIL, which isn't the players fault (I'd suit up tomorrow to play for whoever pays me $500k and I'd ditch them the next year for $600k). Kid may be talented but the QBs and WRs (and DBs to an extent) seem to have more of a mercenary mentality than a team mentality.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are correct. The more I read about top prospects the less I see them as a fit for what CKS wants to do w/the UGA program. Unless NIL and the TP are updated they will continue to rule the recruiting marketplace.

Top recruits seem to be looking to maximize NIL up front. In addition, QB recruits are looking for showcase systems to maximize their stat's and individual exposure. That is not the UGA standard and objective promulgated by CKS.

Add in that Lewis will enroll as a 17 year old freshman (how do you "graduate" 1.5 years early???) and complete 3 years at the CFB level, and be draft eligible, by 19. By all means recruit Lewis. However, I will be following the other '25 QB's that UGA is recruiting very closely. I see Lewis as way more likely to stick w/USC than to play for UGA.