Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Roderick Robinson ready to power up Georgia backfield, return to ‘RBU’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited February 21 in Article commenting
imageRoderick Robinson ready to power up Georgia backfield, return to ‘RBU’

ATHENS — Georgia football is ready to make another run at becoming “RBU” this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He looks like he can be very good. I also like Branson Robinson. He looked very good before he got hurt. Entienne looks a lot like James Cook. Plus, at least one of the incoming freshmen should get to play early. Running game should be really good. With Beck coming back, the offense just might be the best we’ve seen.

Can the D line improve is the biggest question for me. Especially in putting more pressure on the QB. We just weren’t very good last season in getting to the QB. Plus, we were not very good at stopping the run, especially on the edge. Gotta get better up front on D.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I loved watching Rod tear it up in the Orange Bowl. He is a beast, and everyone is expecting a great season out of him and the other RB guys in 2024. I haven't seen enough of Branson Robinson to have an opinion. I'm hoping Etienne gets even better this season. We're going to need a good duo of RBs to make it through what will be a brutally long season.

I'd probably give the RBU edge to Ohio State as they will have a lot of experience with Judkins and Henderson in their backfield. That will be a nightmare for any team.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would liken Entienne to a stronger, faster, Daijun Edwards with good change of direction between the tackes. WHich is scary. He breaks tackles whereas Cook was a one cut runner generally ran outside the tackles and usually went down when the first guy hit him. Not much run after contact. Entienne Just a better runner than Cook. Cook maybe the better pass catcher. But it remains to be seen.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we will see some 21 or 22 personell formations with Rod as a lead blocker/fullback with one of the other backs. Long ago, run stoppers had to worry about the leadback/fullback getting the ball. Teams would consistently give to the other back, and once the defense stops going for the fake to the fullback, you actually give him the ball. As long as a defense is committing someone to stop the fullback into the line, there is at least one fewer potential tackler for the other running back or WR end around. And when that "fullback" is just a big, heavy true running back, more "stress" is put on the defense. I love when UGA has "weapons" that give opposing defensive coordinators sleepless nights.