Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media weighs in on recent Georgia football coaching hires of James Coley, Josh Crawford

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited February 26 in Article commenting
imageSocial media weighs in on recent Georgia football coaching hires of James Coley, Josh Crawford

ATHENS — Georgia entered the weekend needing to fill two coaching openings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love both hires. Familiarity, comfort, recruiting. In Kirby we trust. I wonder if either of them can coach men's basketball?

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was just coming here to say they should let the Kang pick the next men's AND women's basketball coaches. It is not talked about much but a once proud women's team is carrying a 12-15 record with a 3-11 conference record.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good point. The lady pups looking pretty anemic these days as well. What little I have seen of them was horrific. I guess we got a two for one coaching hire special.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No problem with the hires, although I have no idea who Crawford is, but everything about him only says he is a good recruiter. Nothing about his coaching skills. Only his recruiting.

I like recruiting and I get it but I also like a well run RB room. I'm not bashing, by any means, and I'm not criticizing the hire but yeah, no mention of his coaching skills. I'd think that was kind of important, especially filling the role of a pretty darned good RB coach.