Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dell McGee to reportedly hire two former Georgia assistants for coordinator roles at Georgia State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited February 26 in Article commenting
imageDell McGee to reportedly hire two former Georgia assistants for coordinator roles at Georgia State

ATHENS — Dell McGee is leaning on his ties to the Univesity of Georgia as he fills out his first coaching staff at Georgia State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chaney?!? LMAO! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is like buying expired chicken...30% off. Just use it fast before it goes bad. In all seriousness, I'll root for coach Dell because he deserves all the respect we Dawg fans can give him.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

You get what you can get at Georgia St. I pull for them and wish Del all the luck. I hope he surprises everyone. He is going to recruit some good players for sure.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hoping these hires work out as I’m very appreciative of all that Coach McGee accomplished at UGA.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Chaney's experience and returning production the Blue Panthers will be an offensive force in the Sun Belt. Sherrer sure gave The Dawgs a few wrinkles to contend with when we played The North Ave Knats last year.....I'd give Dell a solid B.....add, as I have posted, a 7/5 or better record and the recruits will be available especially around the Metro area. You can bet the ranch that Dell will instill a version of The Dawg culture at State, Better Never Rest....so I'm very positive on the Panthers!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dell has always been a good coach. Look at his HS record, he was contending for state championships every year and won 1. Then look at that schools record and playoff appearances after he left. Dell left to go pursue a college career and got an analyst role with Auburn his alma mater, a nice step up to GA Southern assistant and then interim head coach. Kirby got the UGA job and snagged him year one. Kudos to Kirby on that move!

McGee is better positioned than ever to be successful, on top of him already being good, and I expect him to contend for championships most years. Because that is pedigree. And not more than ever.

Congrats Dell. You've come a long way since Carver High in a short time. Could have been sooner but just like Kirby under Saban, you stayed with Kirby until it was not time and not a year sooner.

Now go win a championship quicker than Kirby did.