Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN makes intriguing selection for Georgia football’s breakout player for 2024 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited March 14 in Article commenting
imageESPN makes intriguing selection for Georgia football’s breakout player for 2024 season

ATHENS — Georgia football is brimming with young talent. Signing elite recruiting class after elite recruiting class will do.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Isn’t it more than obvious why Pop transferred?

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is to me. I thought that all along. UGA depends on inside linebackers to fly from sidelsideline to sideline. We were spoiled by Roquan and Nakobe. Pops couldn't bring it the same way. Mondon, Allen and Wilson have the speed Kirby wants. So do the incoming freshmen. I also think Pops fell out of favor with Kirby last spring, as Kirby called him out.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

These young Dawgs are going to be great in 2024. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When looking at UGA's 2024 Football Roster...from top to bottom, and stem to stern....all I can think is "my gawd, what a collection of focused talent!". It's rare to see "that level" of sustained elite recruiting & coaching over a period longer than 3 or 4 years. Nick Saban, Jimmy Johnson, Bobby Bowden, Steve Spurrier and Kirby Smart....all [among a few others], managed to do it...while Sweeney (tic), Harbaugh and Fisher seem to have bowed out.

The jury is still out, on a couple of possibilities...like Brian Kelly [LSU/ND], Ryan Day [OSU] and Dan Lanning [ORE]...among others. With free-agency...anything is possible with some of the other, well endowed Universities.

We've reached the End of another era in CFB. It's time to turn the page and start a "New Book of Records"....cause, anything that happens from '20 till the "next big change in CFB" is incomparable to previous eras of CFB.

UGA...IMO....Has the best defense in the Nation...again! 2021 was all about the front 7. 2024 will be all about the back 7. The defensive line "could" be, just "Above Average"...Lol. We'll see.

"Either you're elite...or, you're not."____Kirby Smart, September '21

Personally...I have a lot of faith in Stackhouse and Brinson's leadership. They know, they will have to get the guys behind them "up to speed", to create valuable depth along the defensive line.

That's the Achilles Heel of using 300 plus lb linemen....they get used up quick, in a game that keeps em on the field without a breather. Ya gotta take the good with the bad. But, with what UGA has on the backend....I don't expect that to be an issue.

IMO...UGA's defense will be in the Top 5 of all major categories...with a sharp increase in turnovers created, over the last few years. Particularly...an increase in interceptions.

I see the Dawgs DC & DB coaches,, pushing the havoc envelope this year, with stacked talent at every position. It's safer to "go for the ball", when you can trust the people behind you, to get the stop...if you miss.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor, you do realize these comments (by Mondon) are about CJ, not Raylen. Come on now.