Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

David Sanders Jr: Priority 5-star OT prospect has released his official visit schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited March 19 in Article commenting
imageDavid Sanders Jr: Priority 5-star OT prospect has released his official visit schedule

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has the latest with 5-star OT David Sanders Jr. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 OT and the No. 2 overall prospect for 2025 for both the 247Sports Composite and the On3 Industry Ranking.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 19

Hate to admit it but the more I read about David Sanders the more it seems he is headed to Clemson. Clemson is his "dream school". EVERYTHING I have read about Davis Sanders is that family is the ultimate deciding factor in his decision. Clemson is closer to home. Dabo's recruiting "schtick" is he sells family. That is his recruiting niche. Clemson doesn't put out many NFL OL but they make you feel good. He is a day 1 starter at Clemson. He is not a year 1 starter at UGA. He would have A LOT of "growing pains" starting in the new SEC in his 1st year. Love to have him but don't see it happening.

Sanders seems like a tremendous athlete and prospect. I am not sure that OT is where he maximizes his athleticism and football skills. He is at 276 lb now. He will need to add 25 lb (min) before he will be able to play effective OT in the SEC. At OT and at over 300 lb most of his athleticism, agility and speed will be wasted.

Every time I look at David Sanders I see Bruce Smith DE Buffalo Bills wrecking OL's with speed and power and getting after the QB. Not sure why a kid with those skills is set on playing OT.

Watched some of his highlight video. The level of competition he is playing against is extremely low. It is not helping him get ready to play anywhere let alone the SEC as a freshman. Providence Day School has 1500 students (K-12) and yearly tuition is $23K - $33K. I think NIL will be a player in this recruitment to help with tuition at PDS for Sanders family.