Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Krispy Kreme and McDonalds

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited March 31 in Off Topic

Trying to think how to play this in my portfolio. Go long DNUT and MCD or just load up on semaglutide and sweat pants manufacturers?

Comments

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife loves Crispy Creme. Go long for the DNUT and MCD.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just remember the "Hot Now" will eventually be Cool Later.

I'd just go with NVO (Ozempic stock).

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget Eli Lilly (LLY)…it's been a big winner in my portfolio the last few years!

My wife just started taking Zepbound after months of back and forth with insurance.

There's a shortage on Ozempic, so Zepbound sales should really go up…I just hope my wife doesn't have a shortage.

Also, I'd stick with Chipotle (CMG)…with a 50:1 stock split and expansion overseas, I think there's a lot more room for growth.

The weight loss drugs are going to hit MCD, etc. My wife says that she just doesn't desire fast food anymore.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't believe adults still eat McDonalds. Just gross. KK donuts are good, but nobody should eat more than one at a time.

If you are a McD and/or KK regular you are your own worst enemy.

• Options

This is accurate. When you see people knocking down "Krispy Macs" and "Filet o Kremes" it is truly self-harm. Next step on the downward spiral would be Nothing Bundt Cakes and Dominoes converging…

• Options
  • Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cover your bets and invest in all four!

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

they already make close to 17/hour on average which is below the poverty line in California. I doubt this affects profit margins that much

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a 25% increase in minimum wage ($16/hr now) in the salary line on a P&L, which is not a non-factor. If it wasn't a significant increase, Greg Flynn wouldn't have spent money and political capital on getting an exemption from the governor for his Panera Bread locations in the state before he got exposed in the media and submitted reluctantly.

• Options

So what happens to the skilled workers who were making $20/hr? They are going to demand $30/hr (they aren't going to accept minimum wage)….then the managers making $30/hr (or around $60K) are going to demand more….and so on. It's California's own fault it's so expensive to live there. Taxes, taxes, and more taxes. This massive increase in minimum wage is going cause problems. BIG problems down the road.

• Options
    edited March 30

Y

Yep, get ready for mass layoffs. Companies will simply reduce their workforce. McDonalds will automate their whole store. If a company can afford to pay 3 workers $10/hour, when the rate goes to $15/hour, one job will be eliminated. I have a lot of experience managing P&Ls. The first thing to go to save money is always people. Hooray for Welchian Capitalism!

• Options

California is expensive because they don’t build enough housing

• Options

minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 while the cost for Big Mac is a dollar more on average compared to Washington which has a minimum wage of over $16. The link between minimum wage and fast food cost just isn’t that strong. Automation is good. It increases worker productivity

This discussion has been closed.