Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia first on the bus, eliminated from SEC baseball tourney with more questions than answers

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited May 21 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia first on the bus, eliminated from SEC baseball tourney with more questions than answers

It’s back to Athens and back to the drawing board for Georgia baseball.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

not saying this approach is wrong because all I have ever coached was when my daughter played fast pitch softball many years ago. But man, the approach to how things are done sure seems a whole world of difference from when I played. Good luck in the regionals guys! Go Dawgs!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Efit: Meant to post this on other article about being eliminated.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can anyone imagine Kirby Smart with this mindset?

• DawggieDawggie Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

There’s a word I won’t use, but it applies, after today.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 22

The way I see it…"Pitching Wins Championships"...unless you have the offensive run support to push mediocre pitchers across the finish line.

UGA has that. But, the bat's are cold and the arms are tired after a late season burst to get to the NCAA Tournament. NOT the SEC Tournament.

It would be nice to get both…but, I'd rather have the Natty. Bat's go into slumps a helluva lot more often than arms & aims do.

Bottom line…it's a blessing, they get to go home and prepare for the Big One. Arms will be rested and focus will be sharp...come NCAA Regionals.

I don't know how many teams won the SEC and went on to take the Natty. But, I betcha they had pitching.