Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Elite in-state receiver CJ Wiley commits to Florida State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,698 admin
edited June 25 in Article commenting
imageElite in-state receiver CJ Wiley commits to Florida State

Class of 2025 WR prospect CJ Wiley has committed to Georgia football

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Didn't FSU get beat 65 to zero by the dawgs. Wow, I gotta say, that was a horrible pick. I could understand LSU, but Wow.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ Junior

This article was written before the decision, noting the picture that shows he picked UGA, as well as the language throughout the piece. Looks like this needs to be edited for the “surprise” that he didn’t pick us.

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

A team with a winning mindset… Yeah, the Dawgs have only lost two games in the last three seasons but I suppose that's not a winning mindset in his reckoning of things… Go on to FSU and don't try to transfer up here later when reality hits… Somebody say something about 63-3?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 25
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can't get them all and may be a case of the NIL monster striking again.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL, I'm not too worried about someone that made a decision with the goal of "surprising" his family as well as that he recruitment was still "open". There is equal possibility of his family convincing him that he's an idiot and should choose Georgia as well as him transferring later.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why such a huge article for a kid going to FSU? Save the print for recruits headed to Athens and hopefully we will sign the 2 “higher” ranked receivers Talyn Taylor (committed) and Travis Smith. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry after what I saw from FSU last year, I cannot take a school or team serious that abandon the team that easy. Plus the ACC is dead conference walking. He won't stay there pass his freshmen season.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

has anyone looked at the FSU commitment ranking — better keep scrolling. All the way to 63rd.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because he was a UGA lean, they carried the announcement live, he was expected by "most" to commit to the "G". The article isn't huge, just tying up the loose ends of a surprise, that's all.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let me do a little Richard Marx

“It don’t mean nothing no victim no crime”

“It don’t mean nothing”

“Til you sign it on the dotted line”

That goes for all of the drama kings we’re having to put up with.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m a fan, and I know he means well, and cares about the kids, but this is exactly why CKS won’t hire TE.   This is the proverbial broken record that plays the same song over and over and over again.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 25

Disappointing. But, as with any verbal commitment made in June, the game is just beginning. Seems like this commitment was made to maximize the most attention/shock value. Even Norvell was shocked.

This commitment was made by using the 17 (?) year old player's "checklist". 1) who maximizes putting the most of my money on the table? 2) who will make me the centerpiece of the offense from day one? 3) who guarantees me I will start and get the most targets? 4) where are the practices easy for wr's and blocking is optional? 5) See #1.

Something tells me there will be some serious conversations around the Wiley household for the next few months. Once this decision settles a little you are likely to see some changes. Makes me wonder what FSU told the player about the ACC dissolution and what conference FSU will end up in.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really hope this is another Bolden situation. This young man is an outstanding player and individual and I would love to see him in red and black instead of garnet and gold. Some negative comments here but this seems like a hard working young man that takes nothing for granted and will be a monster to cover. Really hoping he decides he wants to play against the best every practice and win with teammates that will be there to the end through thick and thin.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He should be a star in the weak acc..

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunately, there's some buzz that Travis Smith is enamored with Tennessee.

I'm bummed about CJ. He's fast and big, and runs routes well. High upside.

Who knows, though? Maybe, CJ will change his mind just like Gibson. And maybe the rumors about Travis turn out to be just rumors.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll reserve judgement until signing day. what these teenagers say today means nothing until it comes time to sign their LOI.