Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National media sounds off on Georgia football issues after Kentucky win

SystemSystem Posts: 11,046 admin
edited September 19 in Article commenting
imageNational media sounds off on Georgia football issues after Kentucky win

ATHENS — It’s easy to find flaws with the Georgia football program following its 13-12 win over the Kentucky Wildcats. Georgia was actually outgained by the Wildcats on the evening and trailed for much of the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bottom line is Bobo called a horrible game. They keyed on stopping the run and he never adjusted. Beck also missed some crutial throws again.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WHich receiver will BAMA have to give special attention to? We all know the answer, none. Brock Bowers gone. Ladd McConkey gone. Who will fill their shoes? Someone(s) needs to step up and be the go to guy. I hope I'm erong but I don't see it.

CB was no doubt coached that the only way we lose to KY is if you turn the ball over with interceptions. He played like a guy afraid of making a critical mistake. Stetson Bennett did too at times when Ibelieve he was coached the same way, Don't screw this game up and we win.

THe best SB played was when the game was on the line and he just let it rip. Go watch the final drive agaisnt Ohio St or BAMA in the NC game. Same for CB in the 2nd half of the BAMA game. THrow it like you mean it!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 19

Yep, just like Kentucky needed THEIR wakeup call with the blowout prior to this game, this was OUR wakeup call.

So, here's the thing. The defense wasn't perfect, but you can't blame the defense when they are on the field for a large portion of the game and the other team is hammering them with run plays. You just can't. Giving up 12 points to an SEC opponent on the road is completely acceptable given the circumstances.

Therefore, it all comes down to coaching and offense. Whose fault is it? Beck's fault? Maybe and certainly he has paid the price for that perception with him going from Heisman forerunner and possible 1st pick of the Draft to now being considered overrated. The problem, though, is likely Bobo which is why he is getting negative feedback. His problem has ALWAYS been not being able to adapt mid-game. Oh sure, with 2 weeks to prepare, he'll show some great play-calling for Bama. But when his plan isn't working then he CAN'T adjust. 5 plays then Punt. 3 plays (-5 yards) then Punt. 5 plays then Punt. 6 plays then Punt. Given a gift of fumble with possession on the Kentucky 23 yard line… only make it 7 yards and get FG. End of Half.

Was 2nd half better? Sure a little (FG, TD + 2 punts), but you can't just wait until the 2nd half to make adjustments. A stronger offensive opponent would've had 21 points on us and we wouldn't have been able to come back.

Look, I like Bobo and he was a Freshman at Georgia when I was and I appreciate his loyalty and such, but this isn't acceptable especially when such a "QB Guru" failed his Heisman candidate. It's not a WR problem anymore either. Lovett, Bell, Young, Smith, Delp… these are impressive players. I don't support making fun of Bobo because of his name and he clearly has some skills, but I fear he is going to let us down when we need him most and it might cost us the chance at a championship.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 19

All the "experts" come outta the woodwork with answers when a team has 1 bad game. I think Kirby knows quite a bit more about what needs to be corrected than a bunch of media "experts"

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo is a huge problem.

Beck has gone Hollywood before even being drafted in the NFL.
    These characters need to get their heads straight in a hurry or they will get boat raced in Tuscaloosa. I have already prepared myself for that distinct pprobability.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 19

Let's face it, it was a lackluster performance on all levels, game planning, coaching, and execution. I was mostly disappointed with how both los's were manhandled. They better come out firing on all cylinders or it could get ****.

• YankeeDawg64YankeeDawg64 Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Bama Ga is not a rivalry….that would indicate Ga actually wins once and a while. 1-5 not impressive (sorry yawl, and I love the dawgs but they need to win one on occasions)

• WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

@YankeeDawg64 the overall series is 37-25-4, so I am not sure what you are talking about when it comes to UGA winning against Bama. the numbers bear a different story