Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Falcons choke job just typical for this city...

SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited February 2017 in Off Topic

Looked like a blow out, everybody thought the dirty birds have it, next thing you know Brady comes storming back and wins yet another one. Tom Brady on SportsCenter and every morning show holding up another trophy, wins MVP and will head for Disney World. Flacons will head to losers parade in the rain down Peachtree.
Biggest choke in the history of sports, worse than blowing a 3-1 series lead.

Reminds me of 2012 game vs Bama. Georgia had it....until they lost it :#

Comments

  • BradDogBradDog Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

    4 minutes and in field goal range to make it a two possession game you run the clock and kick. A Pee Wee coach knows this. It is such BS that it seems weird and with billions of $$$$$ involved....You know that was the first pro game I watched in about five years.

  • DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @SnoopDawg said:
    Looked like a blow out, everybody thought the dirty birds have it, next thing you know Brady comes storming back and wins yet another one. Tom Brady on SportsCenter and every morning show holding up another trophy, wins MVP and will head for Disney World. Flacons will head to losers parade in the rain down Peachtree.
    Biggest choke in the history of sports, worse than blowing a 3-1 series lead.

    Reminds me of 2012 game vs Bama. Georgia had it....until they lost it :#

    I was at both games, SEC Championship and Superbowl. They both hurt, but I believe SEC Championship hurt worse. I feel good about this Atl team going forward, but knew that the SEC Championship was our best chance at a Natty for some time to come. It's tough being a Georgia sports fan. We always find a way to **** defeat from the jaws of victory. Just like the 2012 game, the Birds had so many chances to win with just a couple plays. The chants of "Brady, Brady" drowned out the Falcons faithful in the 4th. Tough loss, but hey; there's always next year.

  • ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Listening to Dawgnation daily right now to curb my pain.

    I feel horrible for Arthur Blank.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Dawgsauce said:

    @SnoopDawg said:
    Looked like a blow out, everybody thought the dirty birds have it, next thing you know Brady comes storming back and wins yet another one. Tom Brady on SportsCenter and every morning show holding up another trophy, wins MVP and will head for Disney World. Flacons will head to losers parade in the rain down Peachtree.
    Biggest choke in the history of sports, worse than blowing a 3-1 series lead.

    Reminds me of 2012 game vs Bama. Georgia had it....until they lost it :#

    I was at both games, SEC Championship and Superbowl. They both hurt, but I believe SEC Championship hurt worse. I feel good about this Atl team going forward, but knew that the SEC Championship was our best chance at a Natty for some time to come. It's tough being a Georgia sports fan. We always find a way to **** defeat from the jaws of victory. Just like the 2012 game, the Birds had so many chances to win with just a couple plays. The chants of "Brady, Brady" drowned out the Falcons faithful in the 4th. Tough loss, but hey; there's always next year.

    There's always next year? For us, it seems there is always next decade instead.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Reeldawg said:
    Listening to Dawgnation daily right now to curb my pain.

    I feel horrible for Arthur Blank.

    This one will hurt for years...every time Tom Brady is mentioned and his legendary comeback in winning his fifth SB--we will be reminded of this loss. They will talk about this loss during every Super Bowl until some team does worse. It will hurt for a long, long time.

  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Yeah, the game ****. The only reason I kept watching in the 3rd quarter was to make sure I saw the first Falcons Suoer Bowl victory.

    It was like every little thing that could go right did go right for the Patriots. They even won the coin flip going into overtime.

    It wasn't even until after the game that I realized what an amazing performance I had just witnessed Brady give in that second half. You do have to give it up for Brady. He is an amazing quarterback.

  • Dawgdaddy80Dawgdaddy80 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @SnoopDawg said:
    Looked like a blow out, everybody thought the dirty birds have it, next thing you know Brady comes storming back and wins yet another one. Tom Brady on SportsCenter and every morning show holding up another trophy, wins MVP and will head for Disney World. Flacons will head to losers parade in the rain down Peachtree.
    Biggest choke in the history of sports, worse than blowing a 3-1 series lead.

    Reminds me of 2012 game vs Bama. Georgia had it....until they lost it :#

    As good as the MVP season was for Matt Ryan, he absolutely CAN NOT take that sack and he knows this. Wasn't even an attempt to get rid of the ball there. There was still a shot at making a long FG attempt though until the subsequent holding call. Just a huge mental lapse at the worst time possible, that series could/should have locked up the game for the Falcons.

  • JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    It felt to me as if the OC made the critical mistake. We should have run the ball twice at the 23 and kicked a field goal. That would have clinched it for us. I don't know if the OC got greedy, or was afraid we were leaving too much time on the clock, but a different choice there would likely have won the game.

  • 313DAWG313DAWG Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

    People Are Overlooking Alex Mack's Playing With That Fractured Fibila Once His Cortisone Shot Wore Off Our Offense Fell Apart.

Sign In or Register to comment.