ATHENS — Georgia has played four games so far. It has won all of them by at least four touchdowns.
Read the full story here
Complacency has always been a problem.! Kirby needs to tell the Dawgs to eat from the floor again and again! No matter what the score is, UGA needs to keep playing 110% and keep scoring even if it is 80 points. Score and pound the opponent when they are down! Don't let up until after the clock says 0.00. Our schedule is going to get tough with Alabama, Ole Miss, and Florida. If we keep playing like we have after 4 games we will lose to all three of them! There is more parity in SEC this year and we need to rise to the occassion and play harder and smarter! Very disappointed so far in not having a complete game performance that is up to our standards! Go Dawgs and eat from the floor!
Flag Quote Off Topic Vote Down Vote Up
Exactly what did the receivers and tight ends do to rate “B” scores? The fact that they didn’t get the ball is on the quarterback or even the O-line. They were catching what was thrown to them aside from the multiple bombs. Some worked, most didn’t. I’m sorry, I’d rather see more 10 to 15 yard completions with running room than 30 to 40 yard misses. Yards After Catch comes in all forms. Use the entire receiving corps, including tight ends. Tell me Brock Bowers or any of our previous TEs scored a lot via the bomb. No, they didn’t.
I would go A+ first half C- second half for an overall B score but B+? Close enough, go dawgs. Well played game, pups look formidable. Stay away injury bug!
And special teams only rated a B+? Am I missing something here? Was there a miscue that happened during some “phantom play”?
You had a kid make both his FG attempts from a decent distance, not to mention the fact that he broke the conference record for consecutive made PATs. I’d call that a “Wow”. His kickoffs went deep other than one and the coverage was good.
The punts were strong and again, the coverage was on point. We limited the supposed best returner on the country.
What am I missing here?
we miss Brent Thomson something awful. We can’t pin folks anywhere like we used to. I’d probably hit that special teams harder on the grades and qb is difficult to interpret as we have to ask is that GS or Bobo to look at for the third quarter. Either way, love the win!
Go dawgs
Defensive backs an A-!! Wrong!!! A bad Qb was 25/34 for 232 and 2 TD! That's too much for you to grade them an A-. That's a C at best i know Kj had a pick but that's to much to give up passing to a bad Qb Oklahoma had to many wide open receivers, the fumble at the goal line he had a WIDE open TE for a TD!! Secondary gave up over 200 yards last week as well.
And just like that, the Gators are back.
100%. Mateer was killing us. Unfortunately for him, he was killing his team.
You missed Kirby Smart chewing out Miller at least once for kicking a touchback. He was really upset about it. He was annoyed on a kick or a punt return at least once, too, I believe. Seeing the game in person, I think the grade of “B” is fair.
I’ve seen the 2026 Dawgs on TV and in person, and I still don’t know what to think about our passing attack. IsaiyCanion would not have made a difference yesterday. As I’ve said, I don’t think he’s going to be a factor at all for this team. But I see a bunch of other SEC teams passing the ball DEEP DOWNFIELD with regularity, to open receivers (see Alabama, Mississippi State, Tennessee, even Arkansas), and I wonder why UGA can’t consistently do that? Is it our receivers? Is it Stockton? The O-Line? A combination of the three? I love what Taylor is doing and seems like he’s going to be quite good. But the rest of that WR room plays like breathing statues and I don’t understand why they aren’t better and more exciting, as a group, than they are.
‘…the Sooners used a late touchdown to make the final score closer than it appeared.” Actually, imo, the game was much closer than the score indicated. Oklahoma was two yards away from making the score 14-7 when Mateer had the ball slip out of his hand and Cole returns the recovery 85 yards to make it 21-0. Oklahoma passed for more yardage than we had. Turnovers were the difference.
I’ve been a huge supporter of Gunner. However, yesterday’s performance causes concern. That third quarter was horrible. Passes way off target for the most part. Seemed to lose his confidence after the interception. Thankfully, Oklahoma, especially Mateer, did what they could to help us out.
@DallasDawg I don't think we are going to see these deep balls when UGA has such a commanding lead. Once they lead by 17 or more, it seems like possessing the ball for long sustained drives that eat up the clock and put more points on the board is the preferred game plan. I agree with what @87dawg said in his comment below, that is the 10–15-yard receptions with the added YAC element are high percentage plays that put points on the board and keeps the opponent's offensive unit on the sideline while the clock ticks away. The deep ball threat is there when necessary, but the high percentage plays are what we are more likely to see when UGA is leading/controlling the game.
GO DAWGS!
Once again, Gunner’s pass was tipped by a player that looked like he jumped higher than a basketball player, so Gunner should have been given a B. He was efficient when he needed to be, but he didn’t have to do much to win this game. The DBs gave up too many long pass plays so their grade should be lower. Glad Connor isn’t a teacher.
Dawgs played very, very well on Defense. Yes Mateer made the mistakes but the Dawgs Defense capitalized on those mistakes. If you don’t turn their mistakes into a positive for the Team then you haven’t accomplished anything. But the Dawgs defense did !!
Gunner did pretty decent in the first half not very good, certainly not great but decent. Second half was really bad for him. But I put some of that on the play calling. CMB should USE our big TEs much more !! That said Gunner Did connect on some deep passes and he missed badly on some deep passes. But CMB and Gunner MUST make the Attempts !! You can’t be an expert knife thrower if you never throw the knife !!
NO practices Do Not equal Real Game experience. But CMB and thus Gunner abandoned the TEs all together and that’s Wrong and Bad. But much to the compliments of the Dawgs defense Gunner at least got Opportunities to make the Attempts. To me that was a Good thing. In a game where the Defense helped have the score way up high it was an opportune time to make those Attempts. Had this been a close game I’d have been Horrified at the Missed Attempts !! But in This game no Real harm and no Real foul by making but missing the deep throw attempts.
Now in this next game vs Vandy get the score up. And try those deep throws to Reddell, Williams, Barbour, Luckie, and even Prothro !! This combined and mixed in with the “regular” Dawgs Offense. In order for Gunner to get better at making deep passes and developing chemistry with his WRs and TEs he must be Allowed to Attempt them more !! BUT Not when the game is tight !! When the game is tight throw the short to intermediate passes he’s Used To at the big TEs and let them get YAC !! Run the RBs. Occasionally Throw the ball to Peanut Phillips as well as run him. And the occasional designed run for Gunner. In short Mix It Up !!
But the Dawgs Do need deep threats like Taylor !! If that exists then rival defenses will have to make Special account for that possibility. Probably by double covering which will open passes to others. At least CMB with Gunner are trying to incorporate more deep passes than in times past. This could yield big rewards later ! Go Dawgs !!