ATHENS — There were no hard feelings for Georgia coach Kirby Smart when Jared Curtis came up during Monday’s news conference.
Read the full story here
Kirby is being Kirby but I guarantee you he was seething when Curtis pulled his treachery. I'm looking for the DAWG D to capitalize on the opportunities they get to hit him. Hell, if we're up by two or three scores late in the game I can foresee a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty or two for good measure. You don't diss the Dawgs and Kirby and expect no payback…
Well, count me as one of the people who really want to welcome him to the SEC with a very rude awakening.
Kirby always shoots it straight. I don't think anyone is going to be headhunting. It is Curtis' loss. I think our players probably like who they have and are not worried about those that went elsewhere.
I understand in today's semi-pro pay to play league the FBS has become flips happen and they happen all the time. My issue with Curtis isn't that he flipped or went where he saw the most opportunity, my disdain for Curtis is that he committed TWICE and still stuck it to us. I hope our defense buries him 2 feet deep into the turf of Dooley field.
"JimmiesNJoes"—Totally agree with you on his committing twice, PLUS he stuck it to us at the very last moment.
This ain’t USC and other trash programs that might do that. Kirby don’t play that and if a player were to get a 15 yarder that is unnecessary, player will be on the bench. And fans hoping for it are pathetic. Kid had a choice, made it. Now get revenge on the scoreboard.
What got me wasn't the fact he flipped, it was the manner in which it was done. UGA spent countless hours, and dollars on his recruitment, then he decides at the last minute to stay in nashville. That is money, and time that would've been better spent elsewhere..GoDAWGS!
I agree, its not UGA vs curtis, he'll have 21 more teammates to help him, not including special teams. I'm sure he'll make a few spectacular throws, but it still wont be enough against the DAWGS defense. As you said, get revenge where it matters, on the scoreboard, not the field. The defense will take care of that against vandy's offense. DAWGS 49 vandy 10..GoDAWGS!
Reply was to ih8bama.. I guess since there's no edit option, you'll have to make multiple posts to correct or add to you comment now 🙄
Looks like I took highlights from 2 comments to form mine lol I'll give all the credit to JimmiesNJoes and lucydog for posting it first.
Kid from usc should've been ejected after he celebrated the hit on a sliding Dante Moore. Very childish behavior from someone who claims to be a "man". Not an Oregon fan at all, but wrong is wrong regardless of the school or player. Things like that happen when you have a 🤡 like Lincoln Riley as a HC.
@1SICemDAWGS1 - it was targeting. He was ejected.
Kirby needs to step in and fix the pass defense. Mateer looked way to good throwing the ball and he is awful. If Vandy gives UGA trouble then Kirby needs to hear about it and stop making it about how good the other team is. Curtis threw for 199 against Awful Auburn. Let's see if we can do better than that! Time to stop talking about UGA's stats against the patsy teams and get ready to beat the good teams.
Flips happen. The egregious thing with Curtis was he flat out lied AFTER he had decided to go to Vandy. He acted like he hadn’t made up his mind. He had. He lied. A very bad look for a professing Christian.
I do not like the idea that any Georgia player would attempt to hurt any other player on any team regardless of circumstances.
I'm fine with putting any quarterback on the ground by playing cleanly and within the rules.
Nothing wrong with introducing the freshman quarterback to what is likely to be a yearly event, losing to the Dawgs. Nothing objectionable about blowing out Vanderbilt.
That is not me saying Vanderbilt can't beat us. Anybody can beat anybody. We must show up and play well. I expect the Dawgs to do just that.
Besides, who's to say this kid can't transfer to Georgia?
Go, Dawgs!