Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo likes what he sees from the nation's top-scoring offense with Gunner Stockton hitting on big plays this season.
Read the full story here
And it's your job to create the schemes that leverage his unique skills to make those plays.
I don't see that happening sometimes. Unless you think his unique talents are best suited for bubble screens.
Exactly. Well said. I don’t want to bash on CMB much but it’s HIS job to call the highest probable success plays. Gunner ran Two obviously designed runs right into the teeth of the OU defense in the second half. That’s how you lose your starting QB to injury.
The designed runs are very different than the scramble runs of necessity. Gunner usually does well on the necessity runs. Not so much the designed runs. I don’t know what tips the rival defense but they See those designed runs coming from a mile off and key in on Gunner.
The deep passes to Taylor are a good thing to work on. But try some of those to the TEs. In particular Reddell and/or Williams. Let them play jump ball vs. the rival defense. I bet they’d win the majority of the time. Put Gunner in position to win and I believe he Will. Go Dawgs !!
Wow, we lead the nation in points per game with starters watching in the second half due to the competition, and people still fuss about Bobo.
what…Mike throwing Gunner under the bus? I agree with Navydawg that Gunner does better on forced runs than design runs.
I think some of you are missing his point. He's pointing out that they are running schemes that are getting people open a good bit of the time. And then sometimes the defenses have tight coverage on those schemes and that the qb still has to put the ball in a spot where the receiver has a chance. And he's saying Gunner is doing some of that. Other times the OL isnt holding up. So I dont see him throwing Gunner under the bus, instead I see him saying that Gunner is getting the job done in a lot of these situations. I dont think anyone can argue with the offensive output to this point. Oklahoma has a good defense. And there are more to come so we will see how this offense holds up. Certainly, the story of this game was OK miscues and the play of the UGA defense, especially the run defense.
How far would this team go with Faulkner calling plays ?
It's been the level of competition, not Bobo. Look how few yards Georgia had against the Ok defense.
You can already see the trademark signs of a trash mike bobo offense. Lot of very low percentage sideline fades, of course your 37 screen plays a game, lot of 3rd and 7s (which we now refer to as 3rd and bobo), and an inability to step on other team’s throats and end the game early with some dynamic offense. He’s playing checkers. Buster playing chess. We ended up with the wrong guy.
Just Crazy, isn't it!!!
Go Dawgs!
Lol....those are the people that never played. They think life is a Video Game. Takes all kinds though....to make CFB The Greatest Game Ever Played.
The point is...IMO.…that Gunner needs TIME in the pocket for the deeper routes to develop. Every time he has to bail the pocket...they're off schedule...off timing. That's when Gunners legs and creativity come into play.
Give the kid a break. This is only year 2 for him.....and, his first year, with a great supporting cast. Give him time to develop that part of his game and find his playmakers.
I think Gunner is doing one helluva a job...in moving the ball...scoring points....and wearing out the opposing defense, while giving his own Defense a break.
WWhat else would you have him do? "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!"?_______Gunners nous The Great
Yes. Exactly. I don't think he was throwing Gunner under the bus. Given the context, it was more like he was saying that he was doing a good job, but just… phrased it awkwardly.
I'm not sure who this "we" you're referring to is with that "3rd and Bobo" business, but, as John Fogerty sings, "It ain't me."
I don’t blame Bobo at all, I think he plays to strengths and weaknesses of players. Carson Beck 2023 season, UGA had an explosive offense, Bobo called downfield plays, Beck had the arm to execute the plays, I don’t think Gunner does.
True Beck was very good at the deep pass. But he lacked mobility that Gunner has. So it’s sort of a trade off. Dawgs won some great games with both Beck or Gunner. No shame for either in my book.