Here’s everything the Georgia coach said in his postgame press conference after defeating Alabama.
Read the full story here
Great comments by CKS! Best coach in college! I thought last night was a bad look for their coach. He must be under a ton of pressure. I know the calls fell our way last night. But we’ve been on the other side of bad calls or no calls with the refs in years past playing them.
I can happily say that I was wrong about Phillips and Walker being able to effectively replace Frazier and Bowens.
Wow. Dwight for 120 yards and Walker for 69 yards. 206 yards rushing total for the team.,
That is " not being able to replace" in the comment below.
At one point before or during the game, the camera caught a clip of Nate Frazier crying because he wouldn't be able to play. That got to me. You don't see that much with college athletes. That sort of desire and love of team is heartwarming. Nate Frazier=DGD!
with the exception of the no call on k j bolden in the 4th quarter, we were still on the other side of no calls by that referee crew. Let’s be real - offensive linemen for both teams hold on nearly every play, but historically, and again last night Alabama o line never gets called for it. Kirby may get a little slap on the wrist from SEC for this quote from press conference, but I am glad he called the refs out on it.
“I just want to know how many we overcame. It seemed like we overcame a lot of them. I’m just like, it usually goes both ways, and it really didn’t.”
Alabama scored on this play in first half. So how in the h e l l did back judges miss this call?? Reaching across with arm bar and grabbing halls jersey on his right shoulder. And that’s the center holding him so he got beat off snap and grabbed him and held him for several steps.
Don’t want to hear Bama fans whining about no calls against Dawgs!
On bad look for Deboer - If one of our defensive players committed a **** penalty like that at such a critical moment in a game I don’t think Kirby’s reaction would have been much different. I am pretty sure he and Glenn Shuman would have “chewed the player a new one”.
Peanut couldn't have picked a better game to have his best rushing game as a DAWG. He was a step or 2 from breaking several long runs last night. If he ever gets in open field its lights out for the defense, nobody will catch him..GoDAWGS!
That also broke my heart when I saw an emotional Fraizer. You could tell how much he wanted to take the field and help his team. You could also see the hurt in his eyes when he wasn't able to play.
Totally agree. Seeing the hurt in Frazier’s eyes was very painful to me as well. So proud of our Dawgs. This was a Huge win on the road at Bama !! Go Dawgs !!
Compared to me and many of my fellow Dawgs fans Kirby is a very young man. Thats NOT a knock. But our priorities in life change as we age. I can see His are changing to. Doesn’t mean a reduction in coaching efficiency. Just Might mean better longevity As a coach.
I got So excited and Into the game last night my chest started hurting. And I thought to myself Whoa Hoss !! Calm down !! If you want to see more Dawgs games better calm down. So I did.
Dawgs fans are SO passionate about our Team and the game !! Imagine how much Kirby is ??!!?? Like a Dawgs fan on steroids !! But he seems to have calmed down at least a couple notches.
I had already been long since graduated and gone, but we had a coach at our HS have a heart attack and died right there on the side line. He was a really young guy !! Kirby brought up priorities in his life for a Reason. He’s starting to look down the long road and that’s a Good thing !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. Make sure you Know what your destiny is when it’s all over. Listen to your soul…………
Great points on taking care of your health. I recently read that a wife who's husband-head coach died suddenly at a way too early age. She founded a health coalition that is going around and ask the head coach of every NCAA team sign a pledge to treat themselves and ALL of thier staff to the same beneifits the players get. A trainer, nutrician specialists, and heart checkups. I do know that Kirby has signed up and he does look like he is losing weight. We as fans have to be better as well!