Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fulmer talking to Tucker

JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2017 in General

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Tennessee-coaching-search-update--461850723.html

I can't see CMT being interested. But these SEC teams are throwing around $7M contracts like candy corn at Christmas.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please God NO!!!!

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:
    Please God NO!!!!

UGA better PAY that man, NOW!

OTOH, I'm surprised he hasn't offered Chaney, lol. Wait, nobody wants to go to Rocky Flop!

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kevin Steele will take that job in a heart beat. I don't see Mel Tucker leaving. I doubt Fulmer offers Tucker anywhere near that figure. Steele is tied more closely to Fulmer also.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do they not understand they need a coach now, signing day is couple weeks away, this keeps getting weirder

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If tucker leaves, promote sherrer, and keep on moving down the track

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

A new unproven HC isn't getting $7 million to be a first time HC. Probably $3-4 with bonuses. Also don't see Tucker taking it.

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With this early signing period starting this season I don’t think any school will ever hirer a coach who’s team is in the playoff.

What Kirby did his first 2 months on the job was magic, but to ask a coach to get the most important players on your board to sign with your new team during the early signing period and game plan for the most important game you have all season.

Oh by the way we’re giving you 2-3 weeks to get it done, isn’t fair to the coach or the two schools involved.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where is Pruitt in all this mess? He seems like the most likely coordinator to take over a HC position.

• Options
    cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont think tucker wants a HC job in CFB...NFL on the other hand...

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is just Fulmer trying to mess with Georgia while, at the same time, making it look like he’s casting a wide net for a candidate. Steele ends up with the job that no one else wants.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

Just being cordial and introducing himself. If memory serves correctly, he has been out of the game since like 72. Faces and names have changed a ton since then.

Thanks for stopping by Phillip! Oh and Gregory, I believe your check book is in your top left desk drawer. Holla if you need a pen.

• Options

Um, per the article I read earlier, Phillip wanted to make a hire by the end of Tuesday and not sure if Mel would stay during the playoffs.

Again, Gregory, if you need a pen please call, text, send a bird, whatever. Don’t be foolish.

• Options
    edited December 2017

@12ed said:
    We keepin errbody. SCREW YOU Fulmer.

Only if Gregory gets off that wallet and let’s someone hold a dollar.

Oh, and yes, screw you Philip thinking you can romp in my hood. Bottles a clanging and you best not come out to play.

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tucker isn't going to want to be a puppet head coach. He's been under Saban and Smart too long to allow someone to do that to him. And that's what he will be at UT, because Fulmer has already let it be known that he will be heavily involved in the football program while he is the AD.

So, in other words, Fulmer is going to second-guess everything and try to override everything.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am always hopeful our coaches move on to larger opportunities, because it means we are building an amazing program. Still, Tennessee won zero SEC games this year. None. I don’t wish that on anyone. I hope we keep our staff and pay them.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco said:
    I am always hopeful our coaches move on to larger opportunities, because it means we are building an amazing program. Still, Tennessee won zero SEC games this year. None. I don’t wish that on anyone. I hope we keep our staff and pay them.

Tucker deserves a shot at HC but not at a team that has recruited poorly the last 2 years and will again in 2018 with no chance to win more than 6 games. They will fire him before he has a chance

• Options
    DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

Only if Gregory gets off that wallet and let’s someone hold a dollar.

Oh, and yes, screw you Philip thinking you can romp in my hood. Bottles a clanging and you best not come out to play.

A head coaching position would pay 3-4 times his salary. Hard to come off the hip that much for an assistant, albeit a good one.

• Options

I want to see Tucker in a good situation and orange isn’t it.

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Tucker would be better off at a place like UAB or Arkansas St. where he can build what he wants. Not as much pressure on him to win right away. I think he could be a great head coach some day but I think he needs a couple years at a small school.