Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESD Questions

gadog98gadog98 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Hey Everyone,

I apologize if these are dumb questions, but I was curious how the early signing day works

1. I think the answer is no, but if a recruit signs during the early signing day, they do not have to enroll early, correct?
  2. Is there a time limit for the early signing period? Meaning, can recruits submit their LOI's after Dec. 20th? Or after Dec. 20th it stops until NSD in Feb. If so, until when does the ESD end? Maybe Dec. 31?

My understanding is these are the first days recruits can sign with a team, but it doesn't mean they can't sign afterwards. The tricky part is, will a scholarship still be available. If I recall, Orson Charles signed after NSD. I just didn't know if recruits could sign anytime between Dec. 20th and NSD (or thereafter).

Hope this makes sense. Go DAWGS!

Comments

• Options
    Hot__DawgHot__Dawg Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    1. Correct
    2. The early signing period is 20th-22nd. Then, they have to wait until Feb. I only know because of the one recruit (forget who) is signing on 22nd because its closest to his grandma's b-day, which I believe is the 25th.
  • Options
    gadog98gadog98 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Thanks Hot__Dawg

• Options
    MiddleDawgMiddleDawg Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought the recruit signing on the 22nd was Alontae Taylor...and he's all UTjr now....which is fine. Santa comes early for DawgNation!