Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I love all the OK win talk but...

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we got another one to play. I love all the fanfare behind the win...the memes, the talk, the discussions, the breath of holy-crud-I-can't-believe-we-won, etc. However, I'm starting to feel like some, not all, are forgetting that we have another game. The collective "we" need to focus on that! I know that CKS has the boys where they need to be, at least. To me it reminds me of graduating high school and watching everyone high-5 and screaming WE DID IT!!! Who cares? This ain't the end. Does anyone else feel as if some think we won the National Championship on Mon the 1st?

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you are wrong. I agree with Boro....we as fans need to celebrate.... I don't think us still celebrating has any effect on the Dawg's preparation for the game on monday..

Also..... I haven't stopped thinking about the NCG since Sony walked into the end zone in Pasadena....

• Options
    ChaseAtlAzChaseAtlAz Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

If you had the pleasure of being at the Rose Bowl, then there is no way you aren't celebrating that victory. I have never seen so many smiling faces in Red and Black after 2OT. Chants, high fives, tears, hugs, frowns (2nd quarter).....literally every emotion occurred that day in Pasadena.

I want to win the next one as bad as anyone, but savor each moment along the way as well. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that I didn't do a good job of articulating myself there. I apologize. I have celebrated the win as much as everyone else...and we should as we are fans. I have personally been waiting since I was 9 for a National Championship. I have no problem with that. As a football and basketball coach, I have always tried to keep my kids focused on the task till the very end. I just want us to do the same! That's a great analogy about the Miracle on Ice not being the last game.

@bmauldin said:
    Just remember, the “Miracle on ice” wasn’t the gold medal match. It was however the most memorable.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    So, if I (a regular guy with a regular job in rural Alabama) focus on the task at hand the Georgia football players will be more likely to play their best...

Yes!
    Precisely why I refuse to wear my uga T-shirt my wife bought me prior to the Auburn game.

I can’t wear it again until there is a cupcake game to wear the bad mojo off of it.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    So, if I (a regular guy with a regular job in rural Alabama) focus on the task at hand the Georgia football players will be more likely to play their best...

Yes!
    Precisely why I refuse to wear my uga T-shirt my wife bought me prior to the Auburn game.

I can’t wear it again until there is a cupcake game to wear the bad mojo off of it.

Same hat and visor for the games. It's my little part with the successful season.

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

Same black jersey all year. Took it off at halftime in a rage when we went to the plains....shouldve put it back on

• Options

@dawgwood82 said:

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

Same black jersey all year. Took it off at halftime in a rage when we went to the plains....shouldve put it back on

So you're the reason.... got to stay committed my man

• Options
    dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JRT812 said:

@dawgwood82 said:

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

Lmao, I'm the dude. Got all pissed when we Charlie Brown'd like back in the Richt era

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:
    I think that I didn't do a good job of articulating myself there. I apologize. I have celebrated the win as much as everyone else...and we should as we are fans. I have personally been waiting since I was 9 for a National Championship. I have no problem with that. As a football and basketball coach, I have always tried to keep my kids focused on the task till the very end. I just want us to do the same! That's a great analogy about the Miracle on Ice not being the last game.

@bmauldin said:
    Just remember, the “Miracle on ice” wasn’t the gold medal match. It was however the most memorable.

You aren't coaching Monday night, neither are any of us playing Monday night. Sooooo still celebrating the Rose Bowl win! I can't stop thinking about it.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Rose Bowl started in 1902 and Georgia has been there twice. Fans should never stop celebrating this win! Still on track for potential NATTY.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@dawgwood82 said:

@JRT812 said:

@dawgwood82 said:

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

Lmao, I'm the dude. Got all pissed when we Charlie Brown'd like back in the Richt era

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I've worn the same outfit all year head-to-toe (except the first Auburn game because I had to be at an event with a dress code). :(

I tried wearing a new sweater I got for christmas, over my usual shirt during the rose bowl; I ripped that thing off at half time and threw it across the room... not changing the plan for this game. head to toe I'll be in my victory suit.

• Options

@dawgwood82 said:

@JRT812 said:

@dawgwood82 said:

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

All good and lessons learned the hard way. Luckily, it wasn’t that detrimental to the season. Going forward-same shirt, pant, hat, hotel, drink, food, gas station, toilet paper, etc. Again, not superstitious, but we need you to be committed for the better cause.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@dawgwood82 said:

@JRT812 said:

@dawgwood82 said:

@bmauldin said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Yes!

All good and lessons learned the hard way. Luckily, it wasn’t that detrimental to the season. Going forward-same shirt, pant, hat, hotel, drink, food, gas station, toilet paper, etc. Again, not superstitious, but we need you to be committed for the better cause.

Pray that it was good toilet paper

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedDawg said:
    I tried wearing a new sweater I got for christmas, over my usual shirt during the rose bowl; I ripped that thing off at half time and threw it across the room... not changing the plan for this game. head to toe I'll be in my victory suit.

My cursed clothing was a pair of new Georgia socks I got for Christmas. Took them off at halftime. Only thing saving them from a firey end in the weber was that they're actually pretty comfy. Will take them out again Tuesday. Till then sticking with lucky boxers and my Georgia shoes.