Who helped their stock...

corai3corai3 Posts: 89 ✭✭ Sophmore

Thinking back on the championship game and the Rose Bowl, I think Sony Michel and Tyler Clark improved their draft status the most in those two games. I kept saying man Clark is making himself some money. I know he's a sophomore, but I think he definitely shot up the boards of some teams. I also think Deandre Baker helped himself in the championship game against Ridley. Thoughts on anyone else who may have helped/hurt their stock.

Comments

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

Isaiah Wynn

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 581 ✭✭✭ Junior

Trenton Thompson

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In one of my mock NFL drafts, I have Wynn falling to the Falcons at 2nd or 3rd round.

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

can we see your mock draft lol

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 51 ✭✭ Sophmore

You have to be retired to have that kind of time!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 151 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thompson and Baker, but kids can still shoot ups and down from their combine results. I think Trenton needs another year to settle into the man he wants to be and use this valuable college time.

• LeftyLefty Posts: 291 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Thompson and Baker, but kids can still shoot ups and down from their combine results. I think Trenton needs another year to settle into the man he wants to be and use this valuable college time.

I agree, Trent really needs another year. Would really help his draft position.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’d say Sony, Roquan, and maybe Wims?

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sony for sure, he's had an outstanding post season. Great character guy. You'd have to think Lorenzo has also. Showed coverage skills, second on the team in tackles, & playing special teams. A lot of good game tape on him. Like Sony, his skill set is perfect for today's NFL game. Their both gonna test great at the combine & pro day events as well.
    I may be wrong, but Sanders hasn't helped himself much this post season. Not a willing tackler & likes peeking into the backfield a little too much.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Jesupdawg said:

Agree with Sony and Roquan, but not Wims. He had a decent year, but dont see him having done enough looking at his entire body of work. I do think he will get drafted and hope for nothing but success for the young man. He was a DGD this year.

I also feel the same about Trenton. It’s hard to stand out in his position, but I think most have been looking for more including this year. It feels like it’s on and off with him, but I wouldn’be shocked to see him hit the draft.

@JRT812 said:

@Jesupdawg said:

Agree with Sony and Roquan, but not Wims. He had a decent year, but dont see him having done enough looking at his entire body of work. I do think he will get drafted and hope for nothing but success for the young man. He was a DGD this year.

I also feel the same about Trenton. It’s hard to stand out in his position, but I think most have been looking for more including this year. It feels like it’s on and off with him, but I wouldn’be shocked to see him hit the draft.

Yea I see your point on Wims and he didn’t help himself in his last game

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Jesupdawg said:

@JRT812 said:

@Jesupdawg said:

Yea I see your point on Wims and he didn’t help himself in his last game

No he didn’t and was it ever announced what his issue was?

• corai3corai3 Posts: 89 ✭✭ Sophmore

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Trenton Thompson

Working on the premise that he was the number 1 overall player, Thompson was pretty underwhelming. Yes I know he gets doubled and i know he has the shoulder issues. Out of the number 1 overall player my expectations are higher than the normal players. IMO if Thompson left now, he'd be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

@DawgsofWar said:
    In one of my mock NFL drafts, I have Wynn falling to the Falcons at 2nd or 3rd round.

1st question) at guard?

Secondly, you know the Falcons don't draft Dawgs.

@Jesupdawg said:

I think Wims was going to have a big game until he got hurt. I think the Rose Bowl helped him a lot.

On a side note, I love how Ridley and Fromm clicked. Could be a great pair to watch the next couple of years.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

1st question) at guard?

Secondly, you know the Falcons don't draft Dawgs.

Falcons don’t draft Dawgs, but they need help on the O Line. I feel like Schweitzer might get the axe soon. He’s not as good as projected. They’ll move the line around after this year. Falcons do pick up Dawgs as FAs though lol.

Can anyone think of the last Dawg to be drafted by the Falcons? I can't think of any in recent memory. Might be ignorance on my part though

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Jesupdawg @JRT812 I think Wims helped his draft status. Remember, he has only played football since his senior year in HS, still EXTREMELY raw athlete. He's made some fantastic catches all year but he has struggled with consistency and route running IMO. He has elite body control and is a great blocker if he can just clean up the other aspects of his game.

Wims definitely has the potential, that catch he made on the sidelines was absolute beast, I hope the best for him and any others that get drafted

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 581 ✭✭✭ Junior

@corai3 said:

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Trenton Thompson

Working on the premise that he was the number 1 overall player, Thompson was pretty underwhelming. Yes I know he gets doubled and i know he has the shoulder issues. Out of the number 1 overall player my expectations are higher than the normal players. IMO if Thompson left now, he'd be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Naw I based it off potential and scouting reports. Next year there are 2 generational talents at DT. This year Thompson can impress.

Wims will be late Day 3 (if not undrafted with teams looking closely to sign him) as its a underwhelming draft this year. I also think Ridley leaves after next season.