Chris smith

AtlDawgAtlDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophmore

Watch his senior film and explain to me why he isn’t ranked higher. Any thoughts @JeffSentell

Comments

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AtlDawg said:
    Watch his senior film and explain to me why he isn’t ranked higher. Any thoughts @JeffSentell

Is he really that good? Just asking because I haven't seen much of him on video.

• ddodsonddodson Posts: 25 ✭ Freshman

I think a lot of these young pups will surprise. Chris Smith in particular. Part of a Championship team in high school. He will bring that championship swagger to Athens. I love it when we are able to pull kids that have been apart of Championship teams in high school. I think they are better equipped to join Kirby's New GA.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would you mind posting a link of the film that you watched?

• AtlDawgAtlDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophmore
  • donmdonm Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The lad does seem to favor collisions!!

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophmore

Loves to hit. I will take that.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 191 ✭✭✭ Junior

He reminds me a lot like Parrish. Don't roast me too much on that one lol but he plays a lot like him. Tackles really well, I always remember making comments on Parrish's tackling ability. Smith plays with that kind of physicality AND he will have multiple years of kibry's secondary coaching, not just two seasons like the senior. Future boundary corner?

• SicEm90SicEm90 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

He isn't ranked higher because he played in 2-A ball. Not everyone's game transfers to the SEC well that plays in that level.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 372 ✭✭✭ Junior

I personally think he is a little awkward.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see he likes to hit and seems to be in the right spot. Not sure about the cover skills. Maybe they were running zone. Just seemed to not play close to his receiver.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've thought this kid would be a stud the day he committed and I saw his tape. Imo, he'd be ranked alot higher if he was an inch or two taller. He'll add 10-15 lbs of muscle under Sinclair. WILL come up in run support and lay the wood and has good hips to turn and move really well

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His problem is that right now is he is listed at 5'10.5" and 169 pounds.
    for comparison Tyson Campbell is 6' 2.5 ' 180 pounds and Nadab Joseph 6' 1.5" 180 pounds. That is a lot of height and weight to give up against someone like Tommy Bush Jr. at 6' 5" and 191 pounds or Jeremiah Holloman 6' 2" 200 pounds.

• britishdawgbritishdawg Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

He played in a lower level, but his play jumps off the tape. I'm in the camp of people that believes he'll make a big impact in Athens. The way he hits people is violent and he's known to be a really hard worker who puts in the extra time.

Parrish isn't actually a bad comp for him. People forget that Parrish was our best corner coming into this season. That broken foot really set him back, before that, he was a really good player.

• mleemlee Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nadab Joseph hasn’t made it in yet! Hope he can make the grades!