Final recruiting rankings?

bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell and others: when will the final rankings for recruits come out.

Was hoping James Cook could earn his 5star status. He showed out in Army AA game.

Thinking Tindal will get a nice bump too.

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't care how many stars he has as long as he is the best.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doesn't matter to me either way because I think he is still worthy of the #1 RB, but I'm not sure how the rankings work on a player like Zeus? Will he lose points due to the ACL surgery? Do they ever take away points due to injury? I'm not implying they do. I truly have no idea...???

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Everybody cares about the rankings. If you say you don't, then I assume you have never told anyone "Did you hear that UGA just picked up the #1 player at whatever position." Would any of us had been just as excited about Devin Black (#50 DT QB) as we are about Justin (#1 DT QB). I'm going to guess not.

As for not caring about stars as long as someone is the best. Well the more stars they have, theoretically, the better they are.

While I don't live or die by them, I really want UGA to end up with the #1 spot.

(Applause)

• donmdonm Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@BamaDawg said:
    Everybody cares about the rankings. If you say you don't, then I assume you have never told anyone "Did you hear that UGA just picked up the #1 player at whatever position." Would any of us had been just as excited about Devin Black (#50 DT QB) as we are about Justin (#1 DT QB). I'm going to guess not.

As for not caring about stars as long as someone is the best. Well the more stars they have, theoretically, the better they are.

While I don't live or die by them, I really want UGA to end up with the #1 spot.

(Applause)

I'd like us to win everything...recruiting, games, championships, etc etc.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe recruits care about it as well. Having a top class tells other recruits that something special is going on. They know that a good class generally turns into great seasons. They want to be part of that. We've been in the Top 6 the last several years, now we are at #1. This is going to snowball. We already have 3 5-star guys next year.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

When my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first I tried to race her to the car... compete... at everything...

@bmauldin ... The one thing you seem to omitted from this was "Did you ever win?"

I bet she spanked you 2 out of 3 times.....

• moosmoos Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

When my wife was 8 months pregnant with our first I tried to race her to the car... compete... at everything...

@bmauldin ... The one thing you seem to omitted from this was "Did you ever win?"

He answered it. He said he TRIED to race her to the car. Mr. Miagi said he ended up squished like grape. Do or do not...

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@bmauldin said:

@donm said:

She was quick for her size... I may have underestimated...

• donmdonm Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Puts me in mind of Bruce Benedict, former Braves catcher, of whom it was said "he'd finish third in a race between himself and his pregnant wife".