Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New content from DawgNation Daily

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've mentioned before that one of the most controversial aspects of doing DawgNation Daily is satisfying UGA fans who only want to hear about football (which is the majority of the audience) and entertaining other UGA fans that would like to hear updates on basketball and other sports.

Our solution to try to please everyone is what I'm proud to share with you today. We're beginning a new segment called the DawgNation Daily Double. It is a short (approx. six minutes) feature on sports other than football. I'm going to link to the audio here in the forum.

My purpose for doing this is to create something you all will enjoy. With that in mind, I'd welcome any feedback you want to provide.

Thanks for listening to DawgNation Daily. I really appreciate your time, and hope you enjoy the Daily Double too.

https://soundcloud.com/user-613924987/daily-double-episode-001-uga-upsets-tennessee

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yea, I’m one of the football only fans. But I’m not so verocious about it I’m going get ticked because you cover some basketball or others. Because who knows? Maybe I’ll develop an interest in another sport and then have more thing to entertain myself with?

6 minutes sounds like a good mix. Be interesting to see what you can do with it.

You thinking about covering women’s sports at all? That’s something I’ll see on ESPN and wish I could get into more. Very occasionally I’ll be able to sit down and watch a women’s sports game on TV.

And Brandon, what about Zamir White’s Mom? You know that lady is funny as hell. She told you no, she wouldn’t do your podcast?

Further suggestion, we’ve heard from so many men athletes, most of what they say sound so repititious by now, but have you asked around to see if there are any women athletes at UGA who have a little more entertaining personalities? I don’t care if they’re the best athlete on the team or not.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA has other sports?!?

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNationDaily Love that you slip the g8r h8r countdown again in this. I like this spot, but would also love for there to be someone who writes a little more about DiamondDawgs. Breakdown of the team, outlook, schedule eval. I'm being greedy I'm sure. Thanks BA!

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Appreciate your effort to provide diversity. Women sports have great entertainment value. Became interested during the time I coached my daughter 12 yrs of fastpitch softball. Fell in love with the athletes. They have a passion for competition and work very hard to excel. Georgia has had some great years in other sports and the fans proved "if you build it they will come."
    Wouldn't want to take time from football during the season.

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for sharing your feedback, y’all. I appreciate it.

Ba.

• Options
    LazendaddyLazendaddy Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will y’all create a DawgNation Daily Double for Podcasts?

• Options
    DonFDonF Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Brandon: Wish you had included a comment on the UGA Swimming & Diving teams' performances at the SEC Champs Meet this past weekend (Women finished 2nd, Men finished 3rd)! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t realize when I first read this that the Daily Double won’t be part of the main podcast. Kind of a pain for me because I listen to podcasts in the car while I’m driving around. And fumbling around with my phone to find another podcast ain’t something I like doing. I’ll probably listen to it a lot less because of that.

But Brandon is clever and has put a lot of effort into learning his audience. So I’m sure he might the right decision for the show. Or at least his guess should be prioritized for trying far above mine...

• Options
    ArmyDawg86ArmyDawg86 Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

still not sure why you can't tack the other sports on the end of the first broadcast and the football only fans can turn it off when football talk is over...

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a great idea to me. I am for all intents and purposes, football only. For other sports, I am a fair weather fan--watching and rooting for the team in post season play. Daily Double sounds like it would have the chance to grow a following.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JayDog said:
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I am for all intents and purposes, football only. For other sports, I am a fair weather fan--watching and rooting for the team in post season play. Daily Double sounds like it would have the chance to grow a following.

I agree with you. I think most people are fair weather fans about most sports but they will get excited about potential champions. That is why I have been so vocal about the acceptance of mediocre teams at Georgia. It is difficult to be knowledgeable about multiple sports. I feel pretty ignorant at times following some of the Dawg fans on this site. Even some of the hardcore football fans would follow other Georgia programs if they were committed to winning. Or so I believe.

• Options
    thetoastedheadthetoastedhead Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think this finds the right balance...if you want to listen to the extra content..... it is available, if not then listen only to the original, Dawgnation Daily.

Hope that it will be available in Podcast form.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andrews1253 said:

@JayDog said:

I agree with you. I think most people are fair weather fans about most sports but they will get excited about potential champions. That is why I have been so vocal about the acceptance of mediocre teams at Georgia. It is difficult to be knowledgeable about multiple sports. I feel pretty ignorant at times following some of the Dawg fans on this site. Even some of the hardcore football fans would follow other Georgia programs if they were committed to winning. Or so I believe.

Good point. If I lived in Athens, I might go out to watch a baseball game or soccer match for the entertainment value. With a personal connection my support level would increase.

• Options
    ihateusernamesihateusernames Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone else notice that UGA always has breaking news everytime BA takes a vacation.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as it’s good news, DawgNation should pay BA for more vacations. The forum can setup a BA vacation gofundme.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Success should earn attention and mention even if some complain as soon as BA speaks.

Its all connected and other sports can bring UGA glory too. Here in SE PA and NJ I can meet parents all decked out in UGA gear. Their kids earn scholarships to UGA and they fall in love with the whole school. They also learn what Saturday's down South is all about.

• Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't BA try this a while ago and it just kinda went away.