Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

College Football News Playoff/Bowl Projections

AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way-too-early College Football News bowl projections has Georgia making the playoffs vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl, I'm assuming as a #4 seed. They must see us going 12-0 in the regular season and then losing the SECCG to Bama. They have Bama vs Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl. Link below:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/03/2018-2019-spring-bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-picks/2

Comments

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:

The way-too-early College Football News bowl projections has Georgia making the playoffs vs Clemson in the Orange Bowl, I'm assuming as a #4 seed. They must see us going 12-0 in the regular season and then losing the SECCG to Bama. They have Bama vs Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl. Link below:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/03/2018-2019-spring-bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-picks/2

It sure is a lot of fun to speculate... we (as fans) have that luxury. As for the team? They all have just SO MANY obstacles to overcome. Anyway, Georgia going 12-0 this coming season wouldn't surprise me much at all, but then again neither would them slipping up along the way, & going 10-2. That 10-2 record sure would be disappointing to a lot of folks (myself included), but nothing, nothing, NOTHING is ever, ever, ever a GIVEN. There are a LOT of real questions on the every down defense. I am really, really excited as I have ever been going all the way back to Herschel's Sophomore year in the fall of 1981. I (for one) as an "old" guy... ( I am 54) I can remember clearly (I was 18 back then) the high expectations by everyone, followed by the huge disappointment. THIS time in 2018? Feels different somehow though.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

12-0 would be unreasonable. Playing Bama in the SECCG is almost a lock. Based on the NC game last year, I think UGA might have the upper hand (Bama lost some key players as well). I am not sold on OSU or Clemson. I can see USC, PSU and Washington making a run.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope their predictions come true. Lots of things will have to fall into place for two teams from same conference to make the playoffs, like Wisconsin losing to OSU last year. Think we will need to beat Bama in SEC championship to make it this year. Also think Penn St. will keep OSU out.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    12-0 would be unreasonable. Playing Bama in the SECCG is almost a lock. Based on the NC game last year, I think UGA might have the upper hand (Bama lost some key players as well). I am not sold on OSU or Clemson. I can see USC, PSU and Washington making a run.

I don’t think 12-0 is unreasonable. Very few holes, if any, on this team. Kirby’s recruits are gonna start kicking in.