2019 Prospects in the Secondary

Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was curious on who is on our list for the secondary? I know Pappoe and the DL are getting a ton of talk these days but obviously Kirby has said outside of the DL depth he is a little concerned with where the secondary is at.

I also heard rumblings that J. Perry has been looking around a little, any validity to that @JeffSentell ? I know right now my secondary of choice is:

CB- Jalen Perry
CB- Andrew Booth
FS- Kyle Hamilton
SS- Jaylen McCollough

Options I also like:
CB-Kaiir Elam
CB- Warren Burrell
Star- Z. Puckett

Any thoughts?? @JeffSentell @CZCashvilleDawg @tiger_62082 @Acrum21 @DawgsofWar or

Comments

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elam has STRONG Florida connections; don’t see him in this class

I think McCullough is headed out of state (likely South Carolina) and I’m not sure how hard he’s being pursued by Kirby and Mel.

Puckett, like Harry Miller, is a kid who values academics and appears to be favoring elite out of state schools at the moment- but it’s early

Hamilton could very well be the next commitment

Booth will be a DAWG fight until the end. I want to see if he’s at G DAY.

I sure as heck hope we keep Perry in the class. He’s a great player at a position of need, is great in the classroom & is recruiting for us and he and Nolan could help reel in some big fish.

I think Burrell and DJ TURNER II should both be high on that list. Turner is versatile and has connections to Georgia. DJ is also close with Jalen and his dad & I know they want to play together.

Look out for Bobby Wolfe and Erick Young (package deal), and if the wheels fall of at LSU, UGA could be in good position for Boot prospects Derek Stingley Jr., Devin Bush & Chester Kimbrough. The staff is also hitting Mississippi hard for DBs - and at other positions. We do need to take at least five in the secondary because there’s not much depth at safety. Jalani Williams, Jalyn Phillips (no offer yet), and Quinton Newsome are three kids to watch at safety.

I could see a class like this:
    Perry
    Turner II
    Burrell
    Hamilton
    Jalani Williams/Newsome/Phillips/Keovon Mullins/Jammie Robinson

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    Elam has STRONG Florida connections; don’t see him in this class

I think McCullough is headed out of state (likely South Carolina) and I’m not sure how hard he’s being pursued by Kirby and Mel.

Puckett, like Harry Miller, is a kid who values academics and appears to be favoring elite out of state schools at the moment- but it’s early

Hamilton could very well be the next commitment

Booth will be a DAWG fight until the end. I want to see if he’s at G DAY.

I sure as heck hope we keep Perry in the class. He’s a great player at a position of need, is great in the classroom & is recruiting for us and he and Nolan could help reel in some big fish.

I think Burrell and DJ TURNER II should both be high on that list. Turner is versatile and has connections to Georgia. DJ is also close with Jalen and his dad & I know they want to play together.

Look out for Bobby Wolfe and Erick Young (package deal), and if the wheels fall of at LSU, UGA could be in good position for Boot prospects Derek Stingley Jr., Devin Bush & Chester Kimbrough. The staff is also hitting Mississippi hard for DBs - and at other positions. We do need to take at least five in the secondary because there’s not much depth at safety. Jalani Williams, Jalyn Phillips (no offer yet), and Quinton Newsome are three kids to watch at safety.

I could see a class like this:
    Perry
    Turner II
    Burrell
    Hamilton
    Jalani Williams/Newsome/Phillips/Keovon Mullins/Jammie Robinson

Love the evaluation. I have noticed the Mississippi effort. I know he is only a 3 star but I liked the tape of WR UGA just offered, Mingo I think.

I have always liked Turner so I hope that’s the case. I wonder what’s with so many out of state recruits this year. You see that on the Dline as well with all the DT we are targeting.

Either way I think CB will be an all out effort for sure. Not as worried about safety but we will see. Shutdown guys to pair with the quay walkers, Nolan smith, Adam Anderson is going to really take uga to the next level.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly couldn’t answer that any better than @tiger_62082 did.

My preferred / who I think we have a honest chance at (at this moment):

Perry
    Booth
    Turner II
    Burrell
    Hamilton

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    I honestly couldn’t answer that any better than @tiger_62082 did.

My preferred / who I think we have a honest chance at (at this moment):

Perry
    Booth
    Turner II
    Burrell
    Hamilton

I’ll take that! Let’s see if Hamilton is next to commit to the G

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm very high on Perry, Booth and Hamilton. I think all 3 land in this class. After that, I could see CKS plucking a kid none of us are looking at right now. I like the N Gwinnett boys as well but I don't see both coming to UGA. I'm curious to see how many they take in the secondary for '19. I'd lean towards 4 but maybe 5 if it's the right guys.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tend to agree that Perry Hamilton and Booth are UGA bound. Would be a H e l l of get.

@Acrum21 said:
    I'm very high on Perry, Booth and Hamilton. I think all 3 land in this class. After that, I could see CKS plucking a kid none of us are looking at right now. I like the N Gwinnett boys as well but I don't see both coming to UGA. I'm curious to see how many they take in the secondary for '19. I'd lean towards 4 but maybe 5 if it's the right guys.

I am sure it will depend on how many they end up with on the offensively. It may be a numbers game this year. I look for an Athlete type that can possibly multiple positions depending on the need.

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

CB Tyrique Stephenson is also high on Georgia. Booth will be at Clemson's spring game today. We have read that UGA is making up ground. If that is true then he will likely be at G-Day next week. If he doesn't come, then that will say a lot. Burrell and Hamilton both like UGA a lot. McCullough will not be in this class unless something dramatic changes from both ends.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could see Shilo Sanders coming to play for us

@godawgs said:
    CB Tyrique Stephenson is also high on Georgia. Booth will be at Clemson's spring game today. We have read that UGA is making up ground. If that is true then he will likely be at G-Day next week. If he doesn't come, then that will say a lot. Burrell and Hamilton both like UGA a lot. McCullough will not be in this class unless something dramatic changes from both ends.

Good info. Do you think the McCullough thing is more about his view on the Dawgs or vice versa??

@brentwilson said:
    I could see Shilo Sanders coming to play for us

I saw his film yesterday. Dude isn’t bad at all. Good genes for sure lol.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McCullough seems like a mutual thing

I see Tyrique Stephenson’s recruitment largely a Miami - Clemson race with FSU on the periphery. Don’t like our chances there at this time.

@godawgs said:

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My projections keep changing at this point but my constants are Perry and Booth.

CB - Perry, Booth, Turner II
    S - Newsome, Burwell

Guys I look out for are Jalani at S, Dixon at CB...