Jaleel McRae Commits to Willie Taggart and FSU

KobeBryantKobeBryant Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophmore

Jeff had written on him some but this was not unexpected IMHO. Not a big loss as he doesn’t play a position of need. On a related note, FSU & Clemson are on a roll right now. It’s going to be a lot harder to land elite recruits out of Florida that FSU, and to a lesser degree Miami, want

Comments

• KobeBryantKobeBryant Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophmore
    edited April 14

@KobeBryant said:
    Jeff had written on him some but this was not unexpected IMHO. Not a big loss as he doesn’t play a position of need. On a related note, FSU & Clemson are on a roll right now. It’s going to be a lot harder to land elite recruits out of Florida that FSU, and to a lesser degree Miami, want

>
    https://twitter.com/JaleelMcrae/status/985229820673085441?s=20

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@KobeBryant said:

Maybe that’s the reason for the recuriting love to the states: Mississippi, N Carolina and Bama.

Agreed on not being a huge loss.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Jinx55 said:

@KobeBryant said:

Maybe that’s the reason for the recuriting love to the states: Mississippi, N Carolina and Bama.

Agreed on not being a huge loss.

I'd say we're hitting Tennessee harder than Bama

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TN is ripe for the pickns, as long as we continue to beat the instate teams, we should be able to cherry pick to some extent. Some guys will always feel the instate pull for TN but living here and knowing the mid state is similar to ATL in that it’s alot of transplants, not all these kids have the same “play for my state feel”

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    TN is ripe for the pickns, as long as we continue to beat the instate teams, we should be able to cherry pick to some extent. Some guys will always feel the instate pull for TN but living here and knowing the mid state is similar to ATL in that it’s alot of transplants, not all these kids have the same “play for my state feel”

Maurice Goolsby to FSU. I wonder who the third WR will be. Honestly, think we could stand pat with two.

https://tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-recruiting-fsu-class-commit-visit-offer/2018/4/14/17239010/lengthy-four-star-receiver-maurice-goolsby-commits-fsu-football

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 266 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 I think they're good with 2 also, especially the 2 they have. Rather see an extra body in the secondary or d-line

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Maurice Goolsby to FSU. I wonder who the third WR will be. Honestly, think we could stand pat with two.

https://tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-recruiting-fsu-class-commit-visit-offer/2018/4/14/17239010/lengthy-four-star-receiver-maurice-goolsby-commits-fsu-football

Aren’t we pursuing Pickens heavily? After the 9-4/ 8-5 season Auburn is about to have I think we have a legit shot.

@Acrum21 said:
    @tiger_62082 I think they're good with 2 also, especially the 2 they have. Rather see an extra body in the secondary or d-line

I agree. I think roughly half of our class should be DL & DBs

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Aren’t we pursuing Pickens heavily? After the 9-4/ 8-5 season Auburn is about to have I think we have a legit shot.

We are but he’s another kid whose talked about how we don’t throw the ball that much. Pickens also likes Chip Lindsey’s offense. With that being said, I hear he’s hoping for an Alabama offer.

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

We are but he’s another kid whose talked about how we don’t throw the ball that much. Pickens also likes Chip Lindsey’s offense. With that being said, I hear he’s hoping for an Alabama offer.

That too will change in 18’. Despite the OL and RBs I think our most talented group will be WR and TE with Fromm. We’ll never be Mizzou, but expect 4-5 275+ games from Fromm.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

We throw as much as auburn or am I wrong?

You’d be wrong

Last year anyway

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 1,652 admin

There are a lot of recruits that simply need schools to get into a top 3/4 situation to check out for comparison's sake.

I always felt McRae was going to be one of those guys. Especially with the position fits and with whom UGA was trending with at ILB and OLB.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tiger_62082 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Hopefully 2018 will be the year Georgia does not have a freshman QB. With a senior and Junior at WR and two Junior's at TE Georgia is going to pass a lot more in 2018. If you look at the last three games of 2017 SEC, Rose and Natty Georgia passed a lot more.