As much as I hate to say it. Most of the DawgNation Mafia "gurus" know more than the ESPN morons.

ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mea Culpa. I know what I'm taking about too.

Comments

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ESPN is a joke

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Acrum21 said:
    ESPN is a joke

Stating the obvious doesn’t get people watching. They create viewership by stirring up controversy. You know Herbie is always going to sing the praises of OSU no matter what...and we still watch. You know Mark May and his freakishly smooth perfect skin will always bust on UGA. You know Holtz will never pick against ND...yet we love it.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Colin cowterd still there?

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greygoose01 said:
    Is Colin cowterd still there?

He’s at fox and honestly isn’t that bad anymore

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@pgjackson I really only watch espn for college game day (for the first hour) or when the actual game is on. Other than that, I don't really watch tv at all

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@pgjackson said:

@Acrum21 said:
    ESPN is a joke

Stating the obvious doesn’t get people watching. They create viewership by stirring up controversy. You know Herbie is always going to sing the praises of OSU no matter what...and we still watch. You know Mark May and his freakishly smooth perfect skin will always bust on UGA. You know Holtz will never pick against ND...yet we love it.

I agree with this. I wish this is what they would stick with though. Too much liberal political bullshit over the past few years has really put a dent in their viewership.

If ESPN showed more people who entertained me like Lou holtz instead of making me listen to michelle beadle talk about kaepernick being a hero, i might even tune in every once in a while.

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

im not positive but this may be due to the major sports networks obsession with "woke sports"...there time is spent more researching how to generate clicks than actual sports.

edited May 9

@3rdshift said:
    im not positive but this may be due to the major sports networks obsession with "woke sports"...there time is spent more researching how to generate clicks than actual sports.

That's it in a nutshell. If someone at ESPN says "Alabama is the favorite to win the NC", would anyone raise an eyebrow? If they said, "2018 is going to be the year of the darkhorse. Miami, UCLA, Michigan and TAMU have a real shot of making the playoffs", people would flood the internets to scream and yell. Meanwhile, ESPN is laughing all the way to the bank.

24-hour news (in all forms) has created a journalistic machine that requires controversy. There just isn't that much interesting stuff going on in the world to support honest, reliable, and unbiased 24/7 news operations.

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@Acrum21 said:
    ESPN is a joke

Some of you guys actually like ESPN? I thought you guys watched it for the same reason I watched political news channels. You were so addicted to it and there was no better channels. So you just flipped around between the junky channel that there were... In sports’s case though, it’s just all ESPN channels.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever With the clowns being lined up every fall as Lee (can he ever pick anything right?) Corso, & oh my gosh.... Kirk (still has a TOP SECRET axe to grind with the Georgia Bulldogs forever) Herbstreit, ..... & then there is Desmond (who the heck is Michigan now anyway??) Howard??? It's simply a comedy of errors all day long!!! I DO however take the forever DGD David Pollack seriously. He is the only thing on the entire show that makes any sense at all. The WORST EVER in booth color analyst (I suppose I would say.... currently?) HAS GOT TO BE the former "Warbeagle" Head Coach Tommy Tubberville - who absolutely makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH!!! He seems to get assigned to ALL of the UGA games whenever ESPN is covering Georgia.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ugaforever said:
    As much as I hate to say it. Most of the DawgNation Mafia "gurus" know more than the ESPN morons.

I can't tell if DawgNation Mafia "gurus" should be flattered or insulted. :D

And who are said "Gurus"? Is it limited to @Chip_Towers, @JeffSentell, @SavageDawg17, etc.? Or do such luminaries as @SnoopDawg, @tiger_62082, @AirForceDawg, and even ... gulp ... all of us regular Dawg Shmoes count? :wink:

Inquiring Dawgs want to know! B)

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA Mafia Guru Wannabe thinks Espin s u c k s !!

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 403 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watch ESPN for the games and 30 for 30. The 30 for 30 series are excellent. Stopped watching all other programming. Hard to watch when most of the great talent has migrated to other sports networks.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 15

ESPN & CBS both irritate me to no end. For the actual call of games, Gary Danielson makes me ill every time he opens his mouth with CBS. On other weeks, you'd think it would be just a little better, but freaking Tommy Tubberville with ESPN is somehow, someway, unbelievably even worse still. The college game day crew are not to be taken seriously either. I can actually say that I have learned more (& continue to do so even still!) from the previously mentioned folks that all contribute in here at the DawgNation forum, than I've ever learned elsewhere hands down!!! It's not even close either!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There’s no good old Bugs Bunny cartoons on anymore so Game Day is the next best thing.
    Plus I do get a kick out Pollack.

@christopherules said:
    ESPN & CBS both irritate me to no end. For the actual call of games, Gary Danielson makes me ill every time he opens his mouth with CBS. On other weeks, you'd think it would be just a little better, but freaking Tommy Tubberville with ESPN is somehow, someway, unbelievably even worse still. The college game day crew are not to be taken seriously either. I can actually say that I have learned more (& continue to do so even still!) from the previously mentioned folks that all contribute in here at the DawgNation forum, than I've ever learned elsewhere hands down!!! It's not even close either!

TV is entertainment. Those shows need to be entertaining. Stirring up controversy is a good way to increase viewership. I like the shows because even if they are inaccurate and controversial...the topic is college football, and I'll pretty much watch anything related to college football.

Plus, I love Corso. He's the only guy on the show who isn't full of himself and has a sense of humor. He's kind of painful to watch sometimes when he has a senior-moment, but he is still the best.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 16

Sorry... hit the wrong damned button.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg said:

You shouldn't have done that......

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@DirtDawg said:

You shouldn't have done that......

The bad vibes of that disturbed the Hawaiian volcano gods. Look what is happening now!

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 358 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:

If Tuberville or Mack Brown are analyst I change the channel. They should work for free or not at all. Watching Chris Berman used to be a daily fix for me. I agree with pgjackson- Corso is still great! I don't watch ESPN anymore because of the idiots they hire. Much prefer DawgNation gurus, and the pictures. Thanks ghostofuga 1 you do keep it interesting.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

Miss the days when you could watch the game on TV while listening to the UGA radio announcers, would love to see them figure out a way to get rid of the delay and sync the two broadcasts again.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Thinking Out Loud” with Spears and McElroy is the best college football show, the guys say what they think without worry. The episode with Pollack and TD was awesome.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The DawgNation Mafia know who they are. No Mods are in that club.