For Some Reason I Think Trey Sanders is a Dawg

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 735 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know RB is one of our deepest positions and probably least of our worries in terms of recruiting, but I feel like Trey will be a dawg. I know abt his brother at Florida and all that but when it comes down to it, is Florida the best school for him?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like our chances. If last season taught me anything it’s to never count out this staff regarding recruiting

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@oldon42 said:
    I know nothing about Trey Sanders relationship with Florida. If I were a running back and looked at the wear and tear I would get at Florida with their other running backs and offensive line compared to what I would get at Georgia. I know where I would go and it would not be Florida.

They brought his brother on this year as a preferred walk on. They think it sealed the deal because they wanted to play together.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go to fla, start immediately, get your body destroyed for 3 years on a terrible offense, and go to the NFL with a lot of wear an tear.

Go to UGA, play behind the best OL in football, win championships, share the load with other great RBs, go to the NFL fresh with lots of tread still on the tires.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson for some reason? I sure hope that you are RIGHT!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• donmdonm Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Go to fla, start immediately, get your body destroyed for 3 years on a terrible offense, and go to the NFL with a lot of wear an tear.

Go to UGA, play behind the best OL in football, win championships, share the load with other great RBs, go to the NFL fresh with lots of tread still on the tires.

Not sure how many 18 year olds think that way. Just as likely he could be thinking "I'll be the man" and will get most of the carries. "Sharing" carries may be a bit too much of a more mature way of thinking for many HS kids.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

Not sure how many 18 year olds think that way. Just as likely he could be thinking "I'll be the man" and will get most of the carries. "Sharing" carries may be a bit too much of a more mature way of thinking for many HS kids.

Yeah I agree. It depends entirely on the support structures around the kid and the quality of their advice.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sanders mentioned in an interview about not wanting to take all the pounding and that he would be good with split carries. You would be surprised how many stud running backs look at it that way now.

Big ole o line and fresh legs allows for big, explosive plays; less wear and tear; and if they are lucky a career in the league (with hopefully that 2nd pay day).

• ShulaShula Posts: 277 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida schools all ahead of us.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Sanders mentioned in an interview about not wanting to take all the pounding and that he would be good with split carries. You would be surprised how many stud running backs look at it that way now.

Big ole o line and fresh legs allows for big, explosive plays; less wear and tear; and if they are lucky a career in the league (with hopefully that 2nd pay day).

3rd if they go to Auburn... just sayin...

Never mind... I forgot that Gus uses running backs like rented mules...

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 735 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

i read his thoughts on UGA after G-Day and he stressed that he wanted to not wear down his body before going to the NFL

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Shula said:

Debby Downer, even FAU, FIU and UCF ?

lol no. UF and Miami for sure. FSU and UGA are close

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Shula said:

So according to you Sanders is staying florida and webb is staying in alabama. Are we going to get anyone?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

So according to you Sanders is staying florida and webb is staying in alabama. Are we going to get anyone?

Logan cash...if we're lucky

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Webb is a lock to bama. We still have a good shot at Sanders.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

I think everyone said the same thing about Reese (sll michigan) this time last year.

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

I think everyone said the same thing about Reese (sll michigan) this time last year.

There is no comparison between Reese and Webb. Reese was from Georgia and honestly we probably thought this time last year we’d flip him. It’s ridiculous to say we have a good chance at getting Clay Webb. I mean come on now.

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

There is no comparison between Reese and Webb. Reese was from Georgia and honestly we probably thought this time last year we’d flip him. It’s ridiculous to say we have a good chance at getting Clay Webb. I mean come on now.

I’d bet my house Webb signs with bama

edited May 13

@Shula it's not that important. Your house is yours. If Webb stays at Alabama, well that is expected by most folks. However, if he comes to Georgia? We would all (mostly) be extremely (& pleasantly) surprised. Either way, we are one day closer to the opening with Austin Peay in just 111 days from today, but who is counting?? HAHAHA!!! I am really hoping that the 2018 edition of the Georgia football team has (at least) the same success as did the 2017 team at a minimum. Just "won more" for the Dawgs this year would be even nicer.

@TheSmartWay The super talented RB Trey Sanders appears (to me anyway) to be very excited about the possibilities of seeing himself playing at Georgia. I would LOVE to see him added to the stable of RB's at UGA!!!

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Last year I said we had a shot at Cade Mays and everyone and I mean everyone thought I was nuts. TN commit and huge legacy. GUESS WHAT!!!!!!! I’m taking the same shot early this year, We’ve got a shot at Webb. I get the state he lives in and the Alabama legacy. These guys want to play in the NFL and THATs where their loyalty ultimately lies. No one does a better job putting offensive linemen in the NFL than Pittman. NO ONE!!!! We might not get him, but we have an excellent shot at landing Webb. I wouldn’t recommend betting your house on Alabama. I’d hate to add another statistic to those living on the street.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Last year I said we had a shot at Cade Mays and everyone and I mean everyone thought I was nuts. TN commit and huge legacy. GUESS WHAT!!!!!!! I’m taking the same shot early this year, We’ve got a shot at Webb. I get the state he lives in and the Alabama legacy. These guys want to play in the NFL and THATs where their loyalty ultimately lies. No one does a better job putting offensive linemen in the NFL than Pittman. NO ONE!!!! We might not get him, but we have an excellent shot at landing Webb. I wouldn’t recommend betting your house on Alabama. I’d hate to add another statistic to those living on the street.

Yeah, if Alabama goes 0-8 in the SEC this year, ill voluntarily become homeless.

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Whatever you say. You’ll be very disappointed come December.

• HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Shula said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Not much of risk when there is only a chance of one outcome.

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Kasey said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Logan cash...if we're lucky

If we offer he would jump on it IMO. But we need to hurry, because he is getting a LOT of visits

• dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

@HerschelismyHero said:

@Shula said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

@BamaDawg said:

@Shula said:

Excellent shot? Lol abysmal at best I get being optimistic but c'mon now you just don't understand WE DON'T HAVE A SHOT.