Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Chris Hinton Flipping??

jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just got wind that the staff isn’t worried about recent misses bc they are going after bigger fish. One of the names to keep an eye on is Chris Hinton. Staff is pushing hard and feels good about a dual commitment from him and his brother. (Possible Sentell commitment video in the works?!?). Also remember that Hinton is good friends with other three guys committed already (Blalock, Goede, and Bertrand). It’s a full court press with staff and current commits. I believe it has started with Pittman recruiting his younger brother in class of 2020 who is a five star OT. Wouldn’t be surprised bc Pittman and McGhee have been maning this recruiting ship since they have been here. Let’s just sit back and watch this unfold! Go Dawgs!!

«134

Comments

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @jtdawg2020 said:
    Just got wind that the staff isn’t worried about recent misses bc they are going after bigger fish. One of the names to keep an eye on is Chris Hinton. Staff is pushing hard and feels good about a dual commitment from him and his brother. (Possible Sentell commitment video in the works?!?). Also remember that Hinton is good friends with other three guys committed already (Blalock, Goede, and Bertrand). It’s a full court press with staff and current commits. I believe it has started with Pittman recruiting his younger brother in class of 2020 who is a five star OT. Wouldn’t be surprised bc Pittman and McGhee have been maning this recruiting ship since they have been here. Let’s just sit back and watch this unfold! Go Dawgs!!

    Hope your source is accurate. As a recruit/parent, I’d be VERY concerned with Captain Khakis job security.

    Good article on Jamil Burroughs. I think the staff is going to give us a big time recruit they had up their sleave so that it takes the pressure off of CTS.
    They see that it looks bad even though several said “I tried to commit and they wouldn’t accept it.”

  • JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Hinton is not from Georgia originally so there is no sense of "staying home." He also was very interested in playing out of state. That being said, I hope you're right and we can flip him!!

  • tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    The Hinton family values academic prestige so if Chris were to flip, I’d imagine Stanford would be his destination. Then again, it’s recruiting and crazy things happen all the time. Harry Miller did choose Ohio State after all.

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Would be huge. Would fill two big holes at positions of need.

  • AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Jeff Sentel mentioned during his Wednesday night recruiting vid that Hinton is one to watch and that the staff has really been on him hard. If I heard correctly he named Hinton the most likely flip candidate for Georgia.

  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @AgDawg said:
    Jeff Sentel mentioned during his Wednesday night recruiting vid that Hinton is one to watch and that the staff has really been on him hard. If I heard correctly he named Hinton the most likely flip candidate for Georgia.

    :o must find this video. I wonder if it’s on his Facebook or twitter? I always forget about those on Wednesday’s. Sure do miss the before the hedges show on mondays

  • SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Hinton is going to the iceland of Michigan unless harbaugh leaves after having another season of not winning any important games and going to the outback bowl to play South Carolina

  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    That's an interesting connection between three current commits and Chris Hinton. The family connection to Greg Mattison, d-line coach at Michigan is strong. But the rumored refusals by Ga. coaches of several d-line targets combined with the "dual commitment" angle of Chris Hinton and his brother offers new insight into his recruitment. Sounds promising.

  • umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @greygoose01 said:

    @AgDawg said:
    Jeff Sentel mentioned during his Wednesday night recruiting vid that Hinton is one to watch and that the staff has really been on him hard. If I heard correctly he named Hinton the most likely flip candidate for Georgia.

    :o must find this video. I wonder if it’s on his Facebook or twitter? I always forget about those on Wednesday’s. Sure do miss the before the hedges show on mondays

    It’s definitely on Facebook, not sure about Twitter.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,359 mod

    Not holding my breathe, but this would be beyond amazing. Two for one with elite players

  • PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    If the DL lands Nolan Smith, Travon Walker and Chris Hinton... then is there really much convern over "lack of DL recruiting?"

    We will see how this plays out. I think that we have a decent shot at Hinton. I also think this because I personally have a belief that Michigan craps the bed this year

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JoelSidneyKelly said:

    @JKFlyfish said:

    As someone who went to Michigan and UGA, I can tell you that UGA has a MUCH better student/undergraduate experience than Michigan does. The campus is nicer, the people are friendlier and there's more to do (food is way better too). However, Michigan is academically much better, and it's not really comparable. Michigan is regularly tied for the top rated public university (academically) in the nation along with Cal-Berkeley & Virginia. I had to really bust it in the classroom just stay above water at Michigan.

    The gals in Athens are better looking.

    Coeds factor:
    Uga= gorgeous/attire is “appropriate for warm climates”/faces for tv
    Michigan= pasty white/wear sweatpants/faces for radio

  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:

    @John_Poobah said:
    That would be crazy. Would love for that to happen. He’s been actively recruiting for Michigan himself on Twitter. That’s the only thing That’s throwing me off about this.

    Brenton Cox was doing the same thing last year.

    Right you are. Otis Reese was a Michigan commit also, but not sure if we was actively recruiting for them back then.

  • JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @bmauldin said:

    @JoelSidneyKelly said:

    @JKFlyfish said:

    As someone who went to Michigan and UGA, I can tell you that UGA has a MUCH better student/undergraduate experience than Michigan does. The campus is nicer, the people are friendlier and there's more to do (food is way better too). However, Michigan is academically much better, and it's not really comparable. Michigan is regularly tied for the top rated public university (academically) in the nation along with Cal-Berkeley & Virginia. I had to really bust it in the classroom just stay above water at Michigan.

    The gals in Athens are better looking.

    Coeds factor:
    Uga= gorgeous/attire is “appropriate for warm climates”/faces for tv
    Michigan= pasty white/wear sweatpants/faces for radio

    Y'all don't know how right you are LOL

Sign In or Register to comment.