Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    JGrizzardJGrizzard Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sewell kinda screwed us here. We coulda went full court on Simpson, Bj or Flowe and not been in this position, if Kirby is really looking for another LB. We should make a final push for Burch or Evans and save spots for next year. I’m not even sure why we went after Ladd, hope he works out.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the LB talk is just speculation at this point. And how did Sewell screw us? He chose a school he thought he'd fit well at. If the staff is going hard after an linebacker at this point, then I'd have to think there is going to be unexpected attrition on the current roster for them to be doing so.

Have you watched Ladd's tape? He looks like a solid pickup for slot receiver to me. What about his tape makes you think he's not good enough?

• Options
    JGrizzardJGrizzard Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

It not Ladd it’s that we were already heavy at that position this year. If Sewell wouldn’t of shown so much interest we could of went after one the two instate guys that ended up ranked higher, same with Burch.

• Options
    MidwestDAWGMidwestDAWG Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To utilize spread concepts we needed more bodies at WR. Also, did you see what happened this past year after we had several injuries to key players at WR? We'll have 13 scholly receivers after NSD, I imagine we see 2 guys leave and we settle in with 11 scholly WR for the 2020 season.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's hard being the world's best recruiter without taking chances. We were heavy at WR BEFORE Monken came in. It's obvious that Kirby is changing the offense so...

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At the very end of Mike Griffiths show, "On the Beat", he says, "tomorrow is NSD and it looks like Kirby is about to pull another rabbit out of the hat". I assume he's talking about this "flip" everybody seems to be taking about.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Given the reported issues and divisions that impacted the team in 2018 and unexplained absences that popped up this past postseason, I find it kind of rich that players are supposedly vetoing Evans because he will throw off the locker room dynamics and negatively impact team chemistry. Seems like a people in glass houses situation...

• Options

Given that Flowe ended up at the same school as Sewell, I don't think he was the one asking the staff to stop recruiting other linebackers. The fault lies with them, not him, for not maintaining or creating relationships with more highly rated alternatives.

• Options
    PhibalPhibal Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

All I know is that tomorrow will be a fun day to see where everyone (except ZE) signs.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options

Heard that same story after 2018 and how players were ready to step up and be leaders yet the same issues popped up last season...

• Options
    PalmettoDawg15PalmettoDawg15 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Widely reported that Burch was in Columbia last weekend. Pictures were circulating the interwebs of him at the basketball game. Right there with you in wishing this was the case, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Over or Under 40% this Next to Commit to the G 2020 reaches 2 Million clicks by the end of NSD?

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamil Burroughs can’t qualify at Bama...which means he isn’t sniffing qualifying at UGA. We aren’t pulling another Nadab Joseph.

• Options
    chattdawg27chattdawg27 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn’t say he screwed us. Sewell or any of the other LB’s weren’t huge needs for this class, more of wants because you don’t pass up a chance with a kid like Sewell. Kirby took a shot in focusing on just Sewell because he probably knew if he didn’t land him we’d be fine. Next years LB class will probably be a good one.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Where did you see it reported there was division in the locker room last year?

This discussion has been closed.