Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgnation Invasion Pt. 2?

CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone know if Dawgnation is planning a New Orleans/Baton Rouge invasion?

Noticed some party bus packages are starting to be posted, and was thinking about grabbing a couple tickets, unless Dawgnation was planning another Invasion?

Comments

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Idea. Already got my flights and hotels locked down. Would love to have a place to hang out again.

• CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Invasion to South Bend was a blast. Would love to do it again!

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This will be hard to do because LSU fans don't sell tickets outside of the state. Would love to be wrong here.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I'll be there...

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

im tenative right now. might plan a roadtrip

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SEC crowds (I thought?) are very different. The standard allotment of visitors tickets are made available to the visiting school. However the rest of the HOME CROWD WON’T SELL ANY. Hence, the away fans won’t be able to get more than 10% of the seats TOPS. This is just the way the SEC is.

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:
    SEC crowds (I thought?) are very different. The standard allotment of visitors tickets are made available to the visiting school. However the rest of the HOME CROWD WON’T SELL ANY. Hence, the away fans won’t be able to get more than 10% of the seats TOPS. This is just the way the SEC is.

It is close to impossible to do something like ND game last year in the SEC.. only place it’s possible is Vandy, maybe Kentucky late in year when they are bad.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@SWGADAWG sadly I agree 110%. That is what HOME advantage in the SEC is all about. Georgia is just going to have to play in a hostile environment. I’m certain that the DAWGFANS that can be there (in any) SEC AWAY game? Those DAWGFANS WILL BE THERE! However, the visitors standard ticket issue allowance is all that Georgia can hope for. That’s about the 10% of the stadium capacity MAX. GEORGIA is just going to have to MAN UP, & play through it. GO DAWGS!!! PS - I’m NO EXPERT on anything, merely a DIEHARD Georgia fan.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2018

Georgia will pay we will be there in numbers. If LSU has a good start Wow these are going to be some pricy tickets and tough decisions on both sides to not sell or to pay that high. It is the focus away game and I learned a lot about what we are willing to pay and do being a part of ND n Rose Bowl experiences.
    If we are a presence in the 4th quarter with the phones up n down at tiger statement. That seems not possible , but that would be a wow moment , I have complete respect for how much LSU loves their team. SEC is better with a great Cajun Member.

@dawgbybirth said:
    Georgia will pay we will be there in numbers. If LSU has a good start Wow these are going to be some pricy tickets and tough decisions on both sides to not sell or to pay that high. It is the focus away game and I learned a lot about what we are willing to pay and do being a part of ND n Rose Bowl experiences.
    If we are a presence in the 4th quarter with the phones up n down at tiger statement. That seems not possible , but that would be a wow moment , having a respect for how much LSU loves their team.

LSU has sold out the home stadium for years, they don't sell tickets even when it's a bad season. USCjr also doesn't sell tickets to other fan bases. Allbarn is the same, as we seen last year. We just have to win. I hope I am wrong and UGA can have a major voice in those stadiums, but if not we will have to make them mute. I have faith either way.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I'll be there...

Me too in my mind.

Still funny lol, Rudy would never go for this :D

• CharlestowneDawgCharlestowneDawg Posts: 211 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BrooklynDawg said:
    USCjr also doesn't sell tickets to other fan bases.

Living in Charleston, I have been going to the UGA/South Carolina game in Columbia for years and never had an issue getting tickets....even the year we were ranked 5 and 6 and Gameday was in Columbia.

@CharlestowneDawg said:

@BrooklynDawg said:
    USCjr also doesn't sell tickets to other fan bases.

Living in Charleston, I have been going to the UGA/South Carolina game in Columbia for years and never had an issue getting tickets....even the year we were ranked 5 and 6 and Gameday was in Columbia.

You aren't out of state, makes it easier. Those years we were favored were years more USCjr fans came out. They always show in droves when we got to their stadium.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@BrooklynDawg said:
    This will be hard to do because LSU fans don't sell tickets outside of the state. Would love to be wrong here.

I got 4 from a 50 year season ticket holder at face value

@dawgnms said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

I'm talking about masses, not individual tickets. I'm talking the ND game, WLCP last year, the Rose Bowl, and the SEC title game. Those games had DawgNation MASSES, not individuals. Let's not drag the details. We seen what USCjr looked like for us 2 years ago. We know what LSU looks like every year for other teams. Do I really have to mention the Barn? Their fans do not let masses invade their stadium. Individual success does not count for crowd noise.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got tix for the LSU game thru a friend in state. Regardless, looking forward to seeing some folks there and hope there is a dawgnation invasion!

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@BrooklynDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

I'm talking about masses, not individual tickets. I'm talking the ND game, WLCP last year, the Rose Bowl, and the SEC title game. Those games had DawgNation MASSES, not individuals. Let's not drag the details. We seen what USCjr looked like for us 2 years ago. We know what LSU looks like every year for other teams. Do I really have to mention the Barn? Their fans do not let masses invade their stadium. Individual success does not count for crowd noise.

You said LSU fans don't sell tickets out of state. I bought 4 from an LSU fan who lives in Naw Leans and I live in Mississippi, you said NOTHING else.....what am I supposed to do read your mind or what......so don't shout at me about MASSES....plenty of tickets available just have to know someone....