Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawg days of summer

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone else tired of the recruiting games that seem to be way more prevalent this year. I’m really tired of hearing about CTS and the DL and his recruiting prowess. The hold your breath this guy shouldn’t be allowed outside of a UGA campus “injury”. Then there’s the D-Rob drama, when does fall camp start?

With all that said what news is everyone else looking forward to for the preparation of this year’s team?

I want to see who emerges on defense we know pretty much what the offense will be like but even though we’re “more talented” we’re less proven. Can Natrez make the jump to a Roquan type playmaker? Or does Monty Rice take on that role? Who secures spots in the secondary with Reed RLIII and D-Baker?

I hope this thread catches fire I’m really ready to talk about/read something else.

Comments

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Think Rice emerges as the defensive playmaker, mainly because he will be playing the linebacker position Roquan played. Think Patrick will bounce back and play up to the potential he showed as a sophomore. Think McGhee and Mark Webb will play a lot at left cornerback and star, and will play well. William Poole impressed me in the GDay game and should press for playing time. Don't expect much out of Gibbs this year, hope I'm wrong. Jarvis Wilson has served lots of time as back-up, would like to see him get some action, but not st expense of Richie or Reed. Can't wait to see Cox and Anderson get after the QB.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    Anyone else tired of the recruiting games that seem to be way more prevalent this year. I’m really tired of hearing about CTS and the DL and his recruiting prowess. The hold your breath this guy shouldn’t be allowed outside of a UGA campus “injury”. Then there’s the D-Rob drama, when does fall camp start?

With all that said what news is everyone else looking forward to for the preparation of this year’s team?

I want to see who emerges on defense we know pretty much what the offense will be like but even though we’re “more talented” we’re less proven. Can Natrez make the jump to a Roquan type playmaker? Or does Monty Rice take on that role? Who secures spots in the secondary with Reed RLIII and D-Baker?

I hope this thread catches fire I’m really ready to talk about/read something else.

Relax my man. The recruiting drama is on the fans, not the recruits and coaches. A lot of us here want everyone commited right now and that is never the case. Look at last year. D.Rob hasn't been doing what he did in 2016 ( plus he really wanted Stanford and in my opinion wasn't playing us so much as making sound business moves, plus he may come home). As far as injuries and who does what in positions on the team is a wait and see game. Always is and always will be. We have been patient this whole time as Dawg fans. 34 yrs is a long time, what's 6 more months or so to years? We are ok, don't step off the ledge just yet. Go DAWGS!!!

• Options

I think with Gibbs out or whatever his situation is Webb and Poole are the best fits at star. I’d like to see McGhee Brini or Speed step up and emerge kinda like Baker did last year.

I think Monty becomes the next “Roquan” I think he’s severely underrated. I’m hoping Natrez bounces back but I’m not sure enough to put money on it. I think Walker and Ledbetter are going to end up being first or second round picks after the years they have this year.

• Options

@BrooklynDawg said:
    Relax my man. The recruiting drama is on the fans, not the recruits and coaches. A lot of us here want everyone commited right now and that is never the case. Look at last year. D.Rob hasn't been doing what he did in 2016 ( plus he really wanted Stanford and in my opinion wasn't playing us so much as making sound business moves, plus he may come home). As far as injuries and who does what in positions on the team is a wait and see game. Always is and always will be. We have been patient this whole time as Dawg fans. 34 yrs is a long time, what's 6 more months or so to years? We are ok, don't step off the ledge just yet. Go DAWGS!!!

I get all of that, that’s not my point. It’s the lull in sports where all you have is baseball and maybe nascar if that’s your thing. In recruiting the same topics are being discussed and the sky is falling etc etc. I’m just trying to spark new conversation everything is wait and see but we’re not discussing this year’s team the way we are K9teen.

• Options
    edited July 2018

@bigdawg2223 said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

I get all of that, that’s not my point. It’s the lull in sports where all you have is baseball and maybe nascar if that’s your thing. In recruiting the same topics are being discussed and the sky is falling etc etc. I’m just trying to spark new conversation everything is wait and see but we’re not discussing this year’s team the way we are K9teen.

I got you and respect your point. It is a crazy lull for sports. I personally like soccer the older I get so I'm ok this summer. This is generally a good time to reconnect with family because when the season starts it will be none of that unless they are DAWG fans. But I digress, everything that is being focused on should change soon enough. We just have to hold on. The smell of freshly painted fields will soon put us in a "good" frenzy. Good things come to those who wait, great things happen to those who prepare! Go DAWGS!!!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 All I know for sure, is that I don't KNOW Jack squat. That said? This year IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

@christopherules said:
    @bigdawg2223 All I know for sure, is that I don't KNOW Jack squat. That said? This year IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Don't sell yourself short. Just say you're learning. That's how you know you are still alive.