Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope everything works put well for the young man .... again I will point out that we hear about this on 247 and not on DawgNation .... I miss Cy

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:
    Was he on scholly?

Yep.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@greygoose01 said:
    Was he on scholly?

Yep.

So what are we, at 82 now?

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

84 now. Hate it for these kids but I’m sure they’ll do well after football with the resources provided.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scholly for DRob?

A dawgpost article someone else linked to on another thread said UGA was now at 82 scholarships.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    84 now. Hate it for these kids but I’m sure they’ll do well after football with the resources provided.

Dawg Post is saying we have 82 but i’m not sufe

• donmdonm Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Dawg Post is saying we have 82 but i’m not sufe

Don't worry. No one is EVER sure how many we have until the last day when we end up with 85,. somehow.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 278 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sucks when an athlete has to hang up the cleats. I hope he gets his degree and does well going forward.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 10

@brentwilson said:
    Dawg Post is saying we have 82 but i’m not sure.

Don't know who all they are including, but just counting by the depth chart as I see it, I think we're at 83 if you include Gibbs and Cook. Should have 16 seniors - (3)OL, (3)WR, (1)TE, (3)DL, (4)LB, and (2)DB. So should have 18 spots, plus attrition from draft or transfer.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@coastaldawg said:

@brentwilson said:

Don't know who all they are including, but just counting by the depth chart as I see it, I think we're at 83 if you include Gibbs and Cook. Should have 16 seniors - (3)OL, (3)WR, (1)TE, (3)DL, (4)LB, and (2)DB. So should have 18 spots, plus attrition from draft or transfer.

i think we have 82 because we lost 2 of the 2018 class and then minus Chigbu. i think gibbs was included already

@Chip_Towers said:
    This is actually very old news. We’ve been writing since last season that his career was done. The only “update” is that he isn’t in the media guide, which isn’t news or even a surprise.

True, but at least it’s more of a “confirmation” instead of speculation.

@brentwilson said:

@coastaldawg said:

@brentwilson said:

i think we have 82 because we lost 2 of the 2018 class and then minus Chigbu. i think gibbs was included already

That DawgPost article said 82, but not sure if they were including Cook who just got to campus and wasn't listed on UGA's guide they recently released.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    A dawgpost article someone else linked to on another thread said UGA was now at 82 scholarships.

Jake from 247 says 84...as long as we max the 85.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:
    Scholly for DRob?

Hahahahaha chigbus been gone well before that and i see nobody's talking about Mansell from CBS site downplaying the possibility whereas he was supposedly confident a few days ago.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Chip_Towers said:
    This is actually very old news. We’ve been writing since last season that his career was done. The only “update” is that he isn’t in the media guide, which isn’t news or even a surprise.

@ugaforever and @georgiaboy why the down vote here ?

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Chip_Towers said:

Probably the tone in which Chip said all that. Kinda erked me a lil too, but no it’s not “new news.” I didn’t try to make it sound like that when I posted the link because we’ve all been hearing “rumors” about it for a while now. However nothing was set in stone, all that was being reported back then was that he was “thinking about it.” I saw this as the confirmation to all the earlier speculation about whether or not he was ‘officially’ bowing out.

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Chip_Towers said:

Can’t speak for the other guy but mine was a mistake. Didn’t know I dv’d it.

• donmdonm Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Chip_Towers said:

Probably the tone in which Chip said all that. Kinda erked me a lil too, but no it’s not “new news.” I didn’t try to make it sound like that when I posted the link because we’ve all been hearing “rumors” about it for a while now. However nothing was set in stone, all that was being reported back then was that he was “thinking about it.” I saw this as the confirmation to all the earlier speculation about whether or not he was ‘officially’ bowing out.

Yeah, he seemed a bit “snarky”to me.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Chigbu nothing but the best going from this point on, I remember during fall camp in 2017 (just last year) CKS heaping a lot of praise on him in daily press briefings after practices.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember this. This was put out before the spring game. Sad.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 481 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 11

@brentwilson said:

@coastaldawg said:

@brentwilson said:

There was another punter transfer on roster in addition to the bionic leg and the one that keeps being put on the shop. How many punter scholly's on team?

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think 2 are on scholarship - Marshall Long and Camarda.