Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Any ideas ?

dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So I have been trying for 8 years ti think of an idea for a UGA tattoo. I considered the full lettering University of Georgia banner across my chest or possibly one of those old cartoon looking bulldogs that looked kinda like the dog from tom n jerry. Maybe physically assaulting a tiger, gator, bug or anything orange. Pretty open as long as it's not ****, I am a family man after all. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear, or post a pic if you have one. My wife was against for awhile, but she came around recently telling me "they say no girls names in case they change but god knows you'll leave me long before you leave the dawgs, so it's probably safe." She seemed to expect me to chuckle with her, oops.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can't say vuIgar lol

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thought about it, still a possibility. I want something unique, but may wind up going classic. Maybe both lol

• pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you want classic get a tat of Georgia's first Bulldog mascot to me that range e look with the long neck is the epitome of a junkyard dog

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you want something classic and simple then maybe something like an outline of the state of Georgia with a georgia G inside of it over Athens. If wanting something more over the top then a black grey realism photo of a past mascot

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dislike tattoos so I won't be part of aiding and abetting their design or application. Sorry.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6e67adb3-a1e2-44b7-899c-85954e97a6c8

Oh, yeah!

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Momma used to say when you ain’t got something nice to say to not say anything at all

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a generic bulldog head on my chest. It's actually a Marine Corps bulldog, but it works for UGA as well. If I was getting a UGA specific tattoo, I'd go with the old-school bulldog like this.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Just brainstorming.

Brilliant

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Dreak Davis can transplant / transfer his tattoo to you...

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Just brainstorming.

Eye-balling it**, could probably position the G to where he lives/was born, unless that is Douglasville or Villa Rica.

** See** what I did there? :p

** "See" what I did there?  

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

Just brainstorming.

Eye-balling it, could probably position the G to where he lives/was born, unless that is Douglasville or Villa Rica.

This guy looks like the actor from the old TV show “Major Dad.”

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

(I have no idea who the fellow is in the picture I got from Google. If it is you or your dad or your brother or your wife: you're welcome.)

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I LOVE TATTOOS...... however this is the only UGA related one I have ... maybe it will give you some ideas

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Oh man.....I'm crying here!!! LOL!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

tattoo = bad idea, it's a non-starter.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

...maybe...

Actually, he has hedges on either side. Make them green with the field running from the brows to the back with the Power G at the 50......

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2018

Never seen so many tattto haters... i would like to say its because they are all old fuddy duddies, but I'm in my mid 50s.

I have 5 and each one reminds me of a different time/part in/of my life.

The man asks for ideas from his dawg brethern and all he gets is jokes.