Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida Schools Pointing $$$$ Fingers at Us??

WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never thought I'd see the day when candy Canes and Lizards would be calling "bag man" on UGA! That's like Bill Clinton crying fowl about Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels! Lol Someone please give these crybabies a CFB history lesson, and then teach them what irony, euphemism, and cliche' mean...with special emphasis on the one about the pot and the kettle.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/tyrique-stevenson-visits-miami-again.134423/
https://247sports.com/college/florida/Board/14/Contents/John-Emory-to-120189256/

Comments

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I won't shed a tear. Disband the **** program. Who cares. That costume video isn't even something kids in middle school do. They are LOST!

• Options
    WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MacDawg15 said:
    I won't shed a tear. Disband the **** program. Who cares. That costume video isn't even something kids in middle school do. They are LOST!

I'm shedding lots of tears...ROFLMAO

• Options
    tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

600k for fields is down right disturbing someone could think that.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a theory, all the talk about CKS knowing how it’s done knowing where the bodies are etc etc...why y’all think Nick celebrated like this when they won? He never celebrated like that before, he knows the end is near.

• Options
    PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2018

@bigdawg2223 said:
    I have a theory, all the talk about CKS knowing how it’s done knowing where the bodies are etc etc...why y’all think Nick celebrated like this when they won? He never celebrated like that before, he knows the end is near.

I don't think Saban is slowing down for another 5 years or so. I think the jubilation was more from coming back from down 13 with a true Freshman at QB that hadn't played much in an overtime victory against a team as powerful as we were in OT and 2nd and 26. That's a "jump for joy" with any coach. I've never watched it again. Can't.
    With all that said, if they think you're cheating, don't get mad, take it as a compliment. It means they can't believe we're kicking their ass so bad on and off the field in every regard, which we **** sure are, the right way. Which we are!

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

let us say we follow this logic and that kirby did in fact learn how to pay recruits and get away with it under Saban

Are you trying to tell me Kirby is the only coach who has coached under Saban that learned this?

McElwain didnt learn it?
    Jimbo Fisher didnt learn it?
    Jeremy Pruitt didnt learn it?
    Major Applewhite?
    Doug Nussmeier?
    Brian Daboll????

How many new coaches and coordinators has Saban had.... and Kirby is the only one he told his secrets to?

and then to top it all off all of these other coaches saw what has been going on and decided not to rat Saban out once they left......

now how **** does all this sound?

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

let me add a couple of more names that have worked under saban

muschamp
    dantonio
    dooley

no one except kirby huh?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

I think Saban celebrating uncharacteristically like that is him saying, “I was a living legend before this game, but now I’m a god.” As he just pulled out a comeback all because he pulled an established winner for a true freshman at QB.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PeachCoDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

I don't think Saban is slowing down for another 5 years or so.

Saban just signed an eight year/ $74M contract: Salary of $7.5M/ year + $400k annual increase through 2025 (he'll receive a salary of $10.3M in '25) + an $800k bonus for completing each season through 2021.

Before this contract I felt sure that St. Nick would retire after the 2021 season (and receiving a $3.5M bonus for doing so), but now I think he might stay at Bama until he is no longer relevant (e.g. Bowden, Paterno, et al.).

I also think Kirby will have Saban's number within five years.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    let us say we follow this logic and that kirby did in fact learn how to pay recruits and get away with it under Saban

Are you trying to tell me Kirby is the only coach who has coached under Saban that learned this?

McElwain didnt learn it?
    Major Applewhite?
    Doug Nussmeier?
    Brian Daboll????

How many new coaches and coordinators has Saban had.... and Kirby is the only one he told his secrets to?

and then to top it all off all of these other coaches saw what has been going on and decided not to rat Saban out once they left......

None of those guys were with Saban as long as CKS. And I’m not saying Saban told him all the secrets etc I’m saying he knows what CKS is capable of and what he can build and become.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:
    600k for fields is down right disturbing someone could think that.

Especially since he's from GA

• Options
    edited August 2018

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

I don't think Saban is slowing down for another 5 years or so.

Saban just signed an eight year/ $74M contract: Salary of $7.5M/ year + $400k annual increase through 2025 (he'll receive a salary of $10.3M in '25) + an $800k bonus for completing each season through 2021.

Before this contract I felt sure that St. Nick would retire after the 2021 season (and receiving a $3.5M bonus for doing so), but now I think he might stay at Bama until he is no longer relevant (e.g. Bowden, Paterno, et al.).

I also think Kirby will have Saban's number within five years.

Agreed. I knew about the contract but you can tell he's starting to slow down a little already....not much... just little subtle things. You could be right about the Bowden comparison. It'd be good for us in a way, but I hate seeing ppl stay past their need for a propped up "I'm still here" role.

• Options

@PharmDawg2054 said:

McElwain didnt learn it?
    Major Applewhite?
    Doug Nussmeier?
    Brian Daboll????

You're right. It makes zero sense. Kirby built a Saban blueprint at UGA, there's no denying that. But he's younger, got more charisma, and still knows all the Saban methods. He was his right hand man for what?... 9 years? Bama is a brand. They dont have to pay (anymore lol) and we're becoming the same. Win, and they come. Grab a 'croot like Fields and things snowball. Smith got us going this year after our WRs had committed and guys keep coming.

Like I said, when they're accusing you of cheating, take it as a compliment. You're doing something right obviously. They can't get it through their skulls that we're doing things legit and we're going nowhere

• Options

@bigdawg2223 said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

McElwain didnt learn it?
    Major Applewhite?
    Doug Nussmeier?
    Brian Daboll????

None of those guys were with Saban as long as CKS. And I’m not saying Saban told him all the secrets etc I’m saying he knows what CKS is capable of and what he can build and become.

Very true