Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Podcasts?

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Of course, the GOAT of podcasts is DawgNation Daily presented by Marco's Pizza @DawgNationDaily

But, with SEC Country Live off the airways now, I was wondering what others to follow daily for the ride home.
Saturday Down South has a pretty good one, but it's only once a week. Any Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

Dawgnation is the only podcast where I am subscribed.

I wish Before the Hedges was in podcast form.

My next favorite - Tour Junkies

A great podcast if you play daily fantasy golf. The two hosts are hilarious. Both are also Georgia boys.

• Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

When BA announced that before the hedges with him and Sentell is coming back I thought for sure he was going to announce it would also be a podcast as well. I listen to Finebaulm sometimes because I’m at work in a factory for hours and I get tired of listening to music at work.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

My preference in podcasts is UGA Sports Live. Coach Donnan is a trip. I do listen to Dawgnation podcasts and watch the live videos. BA is too much of a pitch man for my tastes and I typically cant make it through a whole 30 minutes. Love Sentell and his incredible insight and info though.

• Options
    GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Podcasts = Lazy Reporting :p

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve been listening to the Joe Rogan Experience. Apparently it’s a thing now where having a podcast is really good for a comedian’s career. And they’ll come on Rogan’s podcast and you can hear if you like them or not. Then if you like them, you can check out their podcast to see if you like that too. Rogan seems to have managed to develop himself as a kind of epicenter of all that active.

Rogan is also involved with martial arts fighting and does a lot of that stuff on his podcast too. But I mostly ignore that.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    I’ve been listening to the Joe Rogan Experience. Apparently it’s a thing now where having a podcast is really good for a comedian’s career. And they’ll come on Rogan’s podcast and you can hear if you like them or not. Then if you like them, you can check out their podcast to see if you like that too. Rogan seems to have managed to develop himself as a kind of epicenter of all that active.

Rogan is also involved with martial arts fighting and does a lot of that stuff on his podcast too. But I mostly ignore that.

I'm a huge fan of Joe Rogan as well. One of the few relatively unbiased people out there.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

@jgf1031 said:

@levander said:

I'm a huge fan of Joe Rogan as well. One of the few relatively unbiased people out there.

More than being unbiased to me, Rogan just seems very important concerned about making sure his guests get therir story out.

It does take a good long while to figure out his biases. Which is probably what you mean by relatively unbiased. And when you figure a bias of his out, it’s because he’s said something directly. Not because you noticed where he was sneaking something in.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pardon my take

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sports related, but I like The Dollop. It's a history podcast where one guy reads a history story, which are typically something totally crazy, and the other guy reacts to the action. It's meant to be comedy and there are some really hysterical and absurd stories. The one they did on how Uber came to be is one of their best.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2018

PAPN (Podcast Ain't Played Nobody)
    The Solid Verbal
    Athlon Cover 2

I can't bring myself to recommend Shutdown Fullcast, but be aware that it exists.

Next week's PAPN will cover the SEC pretty heavily. All of these are more national coverage of college football, so they're good places to get broader news

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

Revisionist History (Malcom Gladwell)
    Serial (NPR- True Crime)
    Bill Simmons (Sports/Pop Culture)
    ****- Marc Maron (Interviews)

I used to like Bill Burr (comedy), but haven't listened in a few years

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG -- Good post!

@EveryoneWho'sMakingSuggestions -- I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to get your podcasts on my "phone" so I can listen to them during my commute. Thanks!

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@DirtDawg
    The Soundcloud app is a good one to use. Not sure if all of these podcasts use Soundcloud, but it's pretty easy to navigate.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everything I mentioned is on Google podcasts. They're on iTunes also.

Can't vouch for 3rd party apps,but thebig ones probably carry them.

The Audible is another CFB specific podcast, but it's not my cup of tea.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Corporate - I vote Dawgnation Daily

Independent - I vote Dawgcast but I'm a tad partial

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Uga Rivals has a once a week podcast. I know they're the competitor, but they have Coach Donnan every week and he gives great perspective and insight from a coaches perspective. Also Radi and Jake are pretty in touch with the recruiting situation if Jeff isn't enough for you

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

-UGA Sports Live with Radi, Jake and Coach Donnan.

-Dawgnation

-Punt & Pass with Aaron Murray and Drew Butler

-Paul Finebaum - they do hourly updates so it’s not a four hour block. You can pick hour one and three if you wish.

-Smothered Covered with Barrett Sallee

• Options
    TravisnunnallyTravisnunnally Posts: 87 ✭ Freshman

@BiggerBadDawg said:
    -UGA Sports Live with Radi, Jake and Coach Donnan.

-Dawgnation

-Punt & Pass with Aaron Murray and Drew Butler

-Paul Finebaum - they do hourly updates so it’s not a four hour block. You can pick hour one and three if you wish.

-Smothered Covered with Barrett Sallee

Is Radi still on? I have not heard him on it in a few weeks.