Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Need 2 for UGA / UTK; my son’s never been to Sanford Stadium

Jsteven82Jsteven82 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Due to us moving around with the Defense Department, in Virginia now.

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

@levander said:
    What is UTK?

Guessing the UT game. Referred to sometimes as UTK...University of Tennessee "Knoxville"...

• Options

Exactly UT - Knoxville (UTK) because outside of SEC country there are a lot University of Texas (UT) fans who think you are talking about their team.

I’ve also seen SCU on message boards for dem ‘C*cks because the real USC resides on the left coast.

Semantics - who got dem tix?

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

There will be zero problems getting tickets for a cupcake game so no need to pay a lot of money for them...I would pick them up outside of the stadium

• Options

Oops...I just noticed you are talking about Tennessee.....That will be more challenging but not impossible

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:
    Oops...I just noticed you are talking about Tennessee.....That will be more challenging but not impossible

Nah, you had it right the first time

• Options
    LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Better be careful getting them off the street nowadays! If you get them from a scalper, you may get tickets that won’t scan at the gate. If you’re bound to get them on gameday, either get them from someone that looks pretty legit, or buy them on gameday from StubHub....ticket prices ALWAYS go down just before the game. Good luck!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you buy them on the street, I would insist he accompany me to the gate for them to be scanned and make sure they are legit. Other than that, there's always ticket brokers. However, the UT game turned me off from some of the prices on StubHub. I was seeing prices in the 140 range for 300-level seating.

• Options

@LuvsDawgs said:
    Better be careful getting them off the street nowadays! If you get them from a scalper, you may get tickets that won’t scan at the gate. If you’re bound to get them on gameday, either get them from someone that looks pretty legit, or buy them on gameday from StubHub....ticket prices ALWAYS go down just before the game. Good luck!

@UnderDog68 said:
    If you buy them on the street, I would insist he accompany me to the gate for them to be scanned and make sure they are legit. Other than that, there's always ticket brokers. However, the UT game turned me off from some of the prices on StubHub. I was seeing prices in the 140 range for 300-level seating.

Thanks for the advice! We will be coming from a long way away, so I definitely would like to have tix in hand before the car ride. Got lodging covered with my parents on their pull out.

One good turn within the Dawgnation community, deserves another -- Seat Geek has lesser add on fees for buying and selling tickets than their ticket broker compatriots. Plus, their App on IPhone OS 11 is easier to navigate than the others, IMHO.

You guys have a GREAT UGA day!

• Options

I buy tickets off the streets for most games I go to....I did it for the Rose Bowl...I was on the 35 yard line about half way up....I paid $220 for my ticket....I've never had any problems with tickets I've purchased off the streets....But yeah if I were worried about it I would just go ahead and spend $400-$600 for two stub-hub tickets...they are guaranteed...but that still doesn't help if you at the gate if those tickets won't scan