Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

TYPE YOUR COMMENT

RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2018 in General

Does everyone have that in the message box before starting a post. Isnt that new.

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, I see it. Tried to delete it before typing. It goes away on its own.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mine says "type your comment" (to be annoyingly specific) LOL

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey. It was my first discussion. Congrats to me

I promise I'll come up with something better in the future

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It may not be helpful, but "we" have some who quote others and say things that were not in that quote. Perhaps the "type your comment" will remind those people that they do not need to quote to comment. Bless their heart.

@FirePlugDawg said:
    It may not be helpful, but "we" have some who quote others and say things that were not in that quote. Perhaps the "type your comment" will remind those people that they do not need to quote to comment. Bless their heart.

Are you referring to me

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the internet!

@AgDawg said:
    Welcome to the internet!

Lol. Thanks. If you only knew

@RPMdawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

Are you referring to me

Lighten up, Francis. No

@FirePlugDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

Are you referring to me

Lighten up, Francis. No

Lol. No would have sufficed. I did comment on one of your post earlier. Was just wondering

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If people don’t like something that you post then they can move on to the next thread. I’m an insomniac so I’ve posted some stuff when sleep deprived that may be a bit out there but we’re all (presumably) Dawg fans. Good on ya for getting your feet wet! Goooo Dawgs! Let’s beat up on the Governors but with no one hurt on either side and then move onto the ****! Oh, and please let the **** grass grow back at The Henhouse aka WB.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hadn’t noticed, but yeah I see it now. I believe it’s the same on other sites I frequent

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't eat the Tide pods, don't use a hair dryer in the bathtub, etc, etc, etc.....

Unfortunately the obvious is sometimes required.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

On a board I Admin at we use "write your reply"

@dawgnms said:

Okay But I think what they have here is better/best. One can quote a comment and reply on that. Or, one can make a comment independent of any other person's comment. In that case, it is a comment and not a reply. :#

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if originally there were other options. But now we’re only allowed to type comments?

Maybe the new verbiage is more of a directive than obvious instruction?

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

@FirePlugDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

Okay But I think what they have here is better/best. One can quote a comment and reply on that. Or, one can make a comment independent of any other person's comment. In that case, it is a comment and not a reply. :#

No comment lol

@dawgnms said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

No comment lol

Correct! Yours is a Reply. Good job! Some people pay attention.

@christopherules said:

No it does not. It says, 'Type your comment' <- T is capitalized. And without the ''

Aside: I accidentally figured out how to quote and reply to more than more comment (one quotes/replies to one comment then quote another comment before Post Comment. The second appears where you left off of the first). Also, the above are two Replies. Busting my buttons - I know a new trick!

@FirePlugDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

No comment lol

Correct! Yours is a Reply. Good job! Some people pay attention.

@christopherules said:

No it does not. It says, 'Type your comment' <- T is capitalized. And without the ''

Aside: I accidentally figured out how to quote and reply to more than more comment (one quotes/replies to one comment then quote another comment before Post Comment. The second appears where you left off of the first). Also, the above are two Replies. Busting my buttons - I know a new trick!

I was trying to figure that out myself. Preciate the help