Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hobbies

RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been playing golf for about 38 years. Dont play as much as I use to, maybe 3-4 times a month. A little low stakes poker. Its really more about the jawing than the poker. So you may notice my poker mouth come out on the forum at times. How about yall

Oh yea. And pulling for the Dawgs

Comments

• Options

@dawgnms said:
    My favorite hobby is drinking heavily

This may be hard to believe, but I drink very little. That definitely is uncommon while doing those two things. I have been there though. More than once too.

• Options
    ECdawgECdawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Was a casual fan of everything UGA until I retired a couple of years ago. Though I have no insider knowledge, I love following recruiting of northeastern Georgia. This region seems to have been a little neglected and until recently, almost conceded to Clemson or Tenn. Too much talent was lost in order to chase Atlanta area talent.

• Options
    BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bird hunting, golf, and bourbon.

• Options
    edited August 2018

@BoroDawg said:

You play at Forest Heights? Or wrong boro

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2018

Fishing, hunting with my dogs, and working in my wood shop. I know that sounds so cliche, but that's me in a nutshell. I like golf but I stink at it. I lose to many balls.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

I used to trout fish a lot. One of the reasons I moved to the N. Ga Mountains. Riding my Harley was the other especially up in this area. Lately, I haven't had time to do either......But watching college football and the Dawgs makes up for it when I can't get to the others.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:

@dawgnms said:

This may be hard to believe, but I drink very little. That definitely is uncommon while doing those two things. I have been there though. More than once too.

This will be my first college football season without drinking in a long time. Should be interesting. As far as hobbies go obviously I like to follow all things UGA sports and the Atlanta pro teams. I also do some writing in my spare time and I like to mess around with computers. I play online games at times so I like to get my rig running at its max. ****, I just realized how boring my life is as reading and history are two of my other big interests.Go Dawgs!

• Options

@scooterdawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@dawgnms said:

This will be my first college football season without drinking in a long time. Should be interesting. As far as hobbies go obviously I like to follow all things UGA sports and the Atlanta pro teams. I also do some writing in my spare time and I like to mess around with computers. I play online games at times so I like to get my rig running at its max. ****, I just realized how boring my life is as reading and history are two of my other big interests.Go Dawgs!

Do your thing dawg. It takes us all

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@RPMdawg said:

@scooterdawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@dawgnms said:

Much respect for all of you who put things aside and away in your life. It's hard but keep it strong. I'm not there by any means, but it always good to see others take steps to do so.

With that, I used to play golf, but my ex took my clubs in the divorce. No problem, I got half of her 401k.......

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I teach Concealed Carry classes on the side, so I guess gun stuff is a big hobby. Also like to lift weights. Been a gym-rat for over 30 years (but you probably couldn't tell just by looking...) Recently bought a boat, so getting out on the water is a priority on the weekends. Another hobby is collecting watches. I currently have about 25 in my collection right now and I am currently in the process of buying another.

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@scooterdawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@dawgnms said:

Much respect for all of you who put things aside and away in your life. It's hard but keep it strong. I'm not there by any means, but it always good to see others take steps to do so.

With that, I used to play golf, but my ex took my clubs in the divorce. No problem, I got half of her 401k.......

@ghostofuga1 said:

@RPMdawg said:

@scooterdawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@dawgnms said:

I think you came out ahead

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have 3 little kids and 1 on the way so between work and family life I don’t get a lot to dedicate to hobbies. Huge sports fan so obviously UGA is #1 but I love the NBA and follow NFL for fantasy football. I don’t play video games much but when I do I play Madden. I never grew up with guns but started to get into it over the past year. Am a sneaker head, love to boat, and spend as much time in the mountains (live by the Rocky Mountains).

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

That is the correct Boro my friend and yes I do.

• Options

Forgot about coast and river fishing. Love catching trout on a pop cork and a rooster redbreast on a top water plug.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bass fishing & motocross.. dawgs on tv/going to the game take priority most times unless it’s a tournament. Earphones go in if that’s the case.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After retiring, I volunteer coach XC and distance events in track at a local HS. In my free time I play music in a small band that does some bluegrass, Cajun, country and gospel music. I guess being on this forum is kind of a hobby as well.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:

I enjoy rolling heavy drinkers, plus kayaking and hiking, though I'm limited now.

• Options

@BoroDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@BoroDawg said:

That is the correct Boro my friend and yes I do.

I grew up in the "fruit cake capital of the world"

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

I enjoy rolling heavy drinkers, plus kayaking and hiking, though I'm limited now.

So you troll bars and message boards