Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arrest...

BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aressts and off field issues have been very very few under Coach Smart. Nothing against Coach Richt but his moral compass was second to none. Yet, we always seemed to have off the field issues during the “quiet” times of the year, you would think leadership morals would trickle down to the team. What has Kirby done to make this team more disciplined on and off the field?

Comments

• Options
    ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You F up, you gone. A lot of good players in Athens now. Straighten up and fly right or UGA doesn't need you.

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever said:
    You F up, you gone. A lot of good players in Athens now. Straighten up and fly right or UGA doesn't need you.

Is it not the opposite? Not that Kirby is sweeping things under the rug but to me it seems Kirby is more willing to let all facts play out and wait till the heat of the moment cools and then take action in house. The incident where someone got the immediate boot was the DV issue with Demery and the kid with Rochester for the BB gun incident. That being said it does seem we are having less off field issues.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wasn’t Chauncey Rivers also let go by Smart? Or was that a late event in the Richt era.

Part of the reason for less arrests is probably competition for playing time. These guys know they have to fight for space. So they’ve got less room for screwing up.

Second main theme is probably Smart and the University at learner not being so willing to dole out official punishments. So we don’t hear about it as much. Smart seems to handle more in-house, like with the D’Angelo Gibbs situation.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

New Sheriff in town. Don't play those games.....

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good grief. I thought NP got the lettuce again based off the title. Anyways, it used to be football didn’t start until players got arrested. New sherif in town who goes by boss kang.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Title scared me too!! I think that the others are right about the next guy up philosophy but I also think that it helps that Kirby keeps them so busy and will change up practice times and even days so the guys have to be ready at all times to compete.

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Completely agree with others that the most important change in Athens is the culture of competition for playing time. When you are killing yourself to hold off the horde of young pup 5⭐️s maybe you think twice before partaking.

• Options
    moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"that guy who's a year younger than you, rated higher than you out of school, and been trading reps with the 1's with you in practice....

...he didn't get arrested Saturday night."

Ain't no one got time for that!

• Options

I forgot I made this thread. It scared me too!!! LOL

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the relaxing side of practice that we some what hear about with Richt might have something to do with it as well. If you know you’re gonna have to put in work constantly for a spot you’re gonna be too tired to do dum stuff.

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Aressts and off field issues have been very very few under Coach Smart. Nothing against Coach Richt but his moral compass was second to none. Yet, we always seemed to have off the field issues during the “quiet” times of the year, you would think leadership morals would trickle down to the team. What has Kirby done to make this team more disciplined on and off the field?

Please band this guy. He did this for the clicks. Some ppl will sell their souls for a little attention

• Options
    VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

Please band this guy. He did this for the clicks. Some ppl will sell their souls for a little attention

Coming from you....?

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL, the irony just got thick in here.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:
    I forgot I made this thread. It scared me too!!! LOL

Bro you made it at 4:49 pm. Easy on the tailgating.

Hahaha and just messing around.

• Options
    gwilgwil Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

@BigDawgEatin said:

REALLY MAN

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Mark Richt has lost control of this title...

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CLICK BAIT......

• Options

@BamaDawg said:
    CLICK BAIT......

OMG! Glad you cleared that up for everyone. Geez!

• Options
    daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby preaches about team leaders and his teams are gonna police themselves. Team leaders are gonna be checking in with certain players keeping them in line. Team First.